headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

B - O - R - SHIFT R - X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paqwak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: B - O - R - SHIFT R - X Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I'm still in my learning process of uv-layout, and I try to figure out every relaxing brush avaiable, doing some cross reading between the forum and the user guide.

In a thread, Phil said that finally, the only real relaxing brush is the B key, all the other mode are just some kind of weithing put on the vertex for help the relaxing.
I still don't really get how to use them in fact, actually I'm pushing on every key (R-SHIFT R - X) on area where I want to minimize distortion, without any real succes ... so what's the trick ?

In many videos where relaxing/local flattening are done, it seems that the brush is adjusting the distortion very slowly. However when I'm doing it here, it's like the brush has a strengh of 100 ... and I'm not talking about the brush size, everything is moving around really quickly, and it seems to be out of control.

And just a last question, the weight view is no more available in the display options right ? what are the 4/5 suppose to do in the uv-mode ? (seems like it's pushing stuffs in or out, but again the strengh is so heavy that I have some difficulty to control it) ... are these tools working better with a tablet maybe ?

Sorry for all the questions Smile (Still having a lot of fun to unwarp every obj I found on my HD Razz)
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: B - O - R - SHIFT R - X Reply with quote

Sorry about delay in replying ... things have been busy around here the last few weeks!

"I'm pushing on every key (R-SHIFT R - X) on area where I want to minimize distortion, without any real succes ... so what's the trick ?"

See hotkeys chapter ...

Quote:
Keys below are no longer supported:

R : relax brush
Shift-R : very relax brush
X : totally relax brush

These keys were originally used to help fix crumpled up areas (like inside nostrils), but have since been replaced with the 4/5 weighting or 6 smoothing hotkeys. At one point I had removed R, Shift-R and X, but put them back after a few long-time users said they preferred them to the new keys.

"the weight view is no more available in the display options right ? "

No, it should be. The Color "4/5" option is for showing the painted weights, and the "Local" option shows the Move/Scale/Rotate Local scale layer.

"what are the 4/5 suppose to do in the uv-mode ? "

See the "Local Scale" / "Pin" choice under "Auto Fit" ... it determines if the 4/5 keys are painting weights, or are simply pinning points and moving them in or out.

When painting weights, you'll usually need to reflatten to get the full effect. Either flatten the entire shell with 'F', or use the 'B' brush to flatten out the local area.

"but again the strengh is so heavy that I have some difficulty to control it"

That's not supposed to happen! I've just checked on the fastest system I have here, and it seems to be of normal strength (as seen in the videos). Is it still giving you problems?

Phil
paqwak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil for your input, I'll test/apply all this relaxing stuff this weekend and take the time to post some video maybe about the 'strengh' effect.

Pascal.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: