headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Hot Keys..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dresdenwitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Hot Keys.. Reply with quote

O.K... I've finally managed to get this program to work on my desktop.. but the problem now is that I use a Wacom tablet and pen.

My first problem now is... although I can 'pan' around and even 'zoom'.. I can't seem to be able to go from side to side or up and down. I've tried all combinations with the 'control'.. 'alt'.. and the 'command'.

I have a Mac. 10.6.8 and am using a Wacom intuos. 4
dresdenwitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone back to using my mouse for now and although I don't have the 'fine' control that I have with the pen.. I am getting used to it again... but would really rather go back to using the pen... and the mouse isn't act right any way.. can't move up or down and/or side to side using the buttons on the mouse and the 'alt'. My mouse is quite old.. maybe I need a new one. Laughing
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused - you say you can 'pan' using the mouse, but then you go on to say you can't go up and down or side to side, I may be misunderstanding you - but I thought that was panning?

With regard to the mouse - how many buttons is it? Have you set it appropriately in the preferences?

And finally... don't forget that 'space bar' is a control modifier too.

Since I'm not quite sure what action it is that you're attempting, I'm rather unsure of what advise to give Sorry.

Geoff

Later - I see in another thread that you're 'bashing' your mouse wheel... make sure you're set for a three button mouse in the Preferences 'Mouse' tab then.

As mentioned in yet another thread, there is a list of all hot keys, I'll post it in here in case someone comes to this thread looking for it. Smile
http://www.uvlayout.com/doc/User_Guide:_Hotkeys
dresdenwitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Geoff.. I can be confusing at times. Laughing

What I meant was that I can move it around in circles (look at the back and front), but I can't just have an object in one position and move it up or down or sideways.. however.. having said that.. being able to 'point' at one poly and then use the wheel to bring it closer or further away does help cause it moves it to the point where I want it.

I have a mouse that has 2 buttons and a wheel.. and the setting is on 3 buttons. I did try the 2 buttons.. but that didn't work either.

Just a little hicup. Laughing
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It suddenly occurs to me to ask.... what mode are you in?

You can spin around, that's called orbiting, implies you're in either in 3D or Ed view... if so, middle mouse button without any modifier should pan around.

Geoff
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I did try the 2 buttons.. but that didn't work either"

OK, I just replied to that in another of your posting ... what might be causing the 2 button mode to not work is that you need to reload your mesh after making that change. I'll update the docs!

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: