headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

uvlayot power + other techniques ? my sugestion & wish l

View previous topic :: View next topic  
borhani59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: uvlayot power + other techniques ? my sugestion & wish l Reply with quote

hello headus!
dear phill

i'm very noob in english.sorrrrrry!Embarassed

Exclamation Question Idea Arrow
my default and nice select for unwrapping is uvlayout. its realy powerful for 90% of my needs. but its go better & 100% when add other features from other tools for be stronger & with more ability to trick UVz.its not compare! its need to independent from others & be more cool!Wink

Idea
LSCM & ABF dose not best methode but they can help for some uv islands.i dont like one-click methodes for they limits but Ovation for smart wizards and manual customize and edit after it...
we can cmbine techniques for best results

Idea
selction & tweak in UVLayout is fantastic but if add more control to it such as transform mode, loupe window, property bar ... user works more easy form past. UVL way is non-simillar from Praxis!

Idea
pins in uvlayout used for fixing. but they are in LSCM for warping like puppets. this way is useful for LSCM, and nice pelting & relaxing . with this we easily repair overlap & control the form of UV. it help to reduse island numbers & work time.

Idea
topological loop is a nice one. we selct one edge & with this selct tool , after 2nd edge selection, software autoconnect 1st to 2nd.

Idea
symmetry selection and effect is unique for complex forms. but its need full symmetry. i wish its works with more smart & normalize nonsym areas and change symmetrical 100% & change nonsymetrical what as can and let around forms.

Idea
video helps is complete guide but for quick start i sugest a full illustrated pdf with step by step examples & diagramic charts of menus & graphical guide near it. cg artists need visual data for fastest connection to this nice tool.

Idea
if you works for GUI to change like popular applications its more used, more loved, and more sold!

thanks.i hope attention & useful
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback!

"one-click methodes"

Yes, adding something like that to UVLayout could be very handy. One or two people have asked for it already, so I don't think you're the only person out there who is using UVLayout in combination with other tools. I do hope to have a look at this someday, even if its as simple as linking UVLayout to Roadkill somehow so you don't have to manually move meshes between the two.

"selction & tweak ... transform mode, loupe window"

Not sure what you mean by these. They sound like they could be like the "marked transforms" mode that you can already do in UVLayout though. There's a video showing these under the Advanced Videos section at uvlayout.com.

"pins in uvlayout used for fixing"

UVLayout can do pinning already using the 'P' hotkey. Is that what you mean?

"topological loop"

Again its something UVLayout does already if we are thinking about the same thing. The 'C' and 'W' key will follow edge loops up to 10 edge, but if you do Shift-C or Shift-W, then selection extends until it hits a fork (i.e. cant decided between two or more branching edges).

"symmetry selection"

Hmmm, I haven't tested this, but the Symmetry Find tool does give an error if it find un-symmetrical polys, but it'll still match up the symmetrical ones I think. If you do things in the matching areas, it should still transfer those actions over to the mirror side.

"full illustrated pdf "

Unfortunately there's only one person working on UVLayout (me) and most of the documentation is in video form because it takes less time to produce. Getting written documentation out of me is like getting blood out of a stone :-)

Phil
borhani59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: thanks for your attention Reply with quote

hi & thanks for your attention.
sorry for late reply & bad-english !
i study all your nice video tutors. now ...

pins:
p button - for fixing ,
but my sugest is a method to sign 2,3 or for 4 points for warp, bend & streatch the hole of one chunk. its idea from unfold3d (i

think its your strongest rival) & some others & such as puppet tool in adobe after effects & photoshop CS5! by this way we

control area , then relax in detail.its save we from complex & squeezed area.
for unwrap a hand i use your tricks for thumbs by marking & transform but this way is too simple & more control.

smart local relax:
for flatten & relaxing a big chunk, my sugest is a smart local relax tool for repair overlaps and relaxing marked fases

automatically (i use local smoothing but it may can do automatically and faster). its can help for better relax & flatten in hole of

chunk area (for sometimes that F,B,O,X is not suffice and we should edit point by point manually)

symmetry & topological loop:
your symmetry system & loop selection is good.
my need for complex objects like plexus hair. topological selection like roadkill let us connect smartly two edge to them. for fork

its jump on mor straght or more near. its idea from roadkill & silo
for symmetry on non full symmetrical , i cut to symmetry & non-sym then work symm then reweld them. but its may done localy

without cut & weld

very thanks for your nise tool and your answers!
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of suggestions there :-)

They mostly seem to be ways to select and manually tweak UVs. I guess our goal with UVLayout is to minimize the need for manually tweaking as much as possible, but of course, I accept that sometimes it is necessary.

Unfortunately every user is going to have their own favorite way to manually edit UVs, picked up from a dozen other different applications, and I wont be able to make everyone happy. In fact, I probably wont make anyone happy because I tend to come up with my own ways to do things anyway, but I'll take inspiration from other programs.

Top of my list at the moment though are support for multiple windows, which is working but needs debugging, and a real biggy ... Multiple UV sets. People have been wanting these for years, and they're top of "What do you want next" poll ...

http://www.headus.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=665

Phil
borhani59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks phil

yes, i select your way & your updates! Smile

& these sugestions, just for your way because your way is more fast & more accurate.

thanks again
Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: