headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

UVLayout doesn't seem to start under OSX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joelydanger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: UVLayout doesn't seem to start under OSX Reply with quote

Hi, I recently downloaded the demo version to try out the software and it seems like I'm running into a brick wall. I looked around the forums to see if I could find a similar issue but didn't find any. It seems that after the simple install as the readme dictated I tried running UVLayout and I get the "Starting UVLayout" screen and then nothing happens. I tried opening X11 before I tried opening it, but I still get this issue. I even tried installing the plugin for Maya and seeing if it would run from there, but still nothing. In Maya I run the Info button and the dialog box pops up but I can't start it from there either. I even tried changing the name of the app to "UVLayout-Demo" and no change. I was getting an error when the app was named "headus-UVLayout-Demo". It said:

// Error: uvlayout: Couldn't find home folder '/Applications/UVLayout-Demo.app'! Check definition in uvlayout_open.mel

So after changing it I don't get the error anymore, but then nothing happens. So I'm out of ideas, and if anyone has any suggestions it would be most helpful. I really want this to be the app I use.

I'm running 10.6.1 so I'm not sure if its something different in this version of X11 but I don't really have a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just uploaded a new OS X Demo that fixes an incompatible lib file; it might be the cause of your problem too.

Phil
joelydanger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I actually just tried that one after reading another response to another thread but I've still got the same issue.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous Demo worked fine under Snow Leopard, but everything has gone to hell in a handbasket since I fixed something that wasn't broken on my OS X dev machine! It might take a few goes to sort out the problems, so all I can suggest at this point is to come back next week and hopefully everything will have been worked out by then.

Just checking though ... you drag'n'dropped the UVLayout-Demo.app file onto the Applications folder link, right? Maybe try drag'n'dropping it onto the real Applications folder in another Finder window.

Phil
joelydanger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I drag and dropped it both ways. And it starts up the way it says it will, with a notification with an OK button and everything, but then after that nothing happens. I even tried looking in Activity Monitor to see if the app was running and just not showing me anything, but nothing. Thanks for the quick replies by the way.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect its more missing libraries in the install file, but its not popping up error messages under 10.6 for some reason. Hopefully 'mieko' from the other posting will get back to me about the new Demo running under 10.5.

Phil
joelydanger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that sounds good. Hopefully the issue can be fished out. I'll be checking constantly for any updates Smile
joelydanger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Hey Phil, I've got an update Reply with quote

Hey I noticed that you had posted an update to the OSX version of the UVLayout demo so I gave it a try. Just letting you know that I tried it out and it seems to open up now under 10.6.1 which is really nice. The only other thing I noticed was that I had to change the name of the app to "UVLayout-Demo" instead so that the script will work in Maya.

Thanks so much for working on this. I'll let you know if I cross anything weird.

-Joel
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good news. And good detective work there on the plugin; the MEL script I have here is fine, but I just checked the one on the site and it is incorrect! I'll upload a new one shortly ...

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: