headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Segment marked polys-acting really wierd when "G"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Segment marked polys-acting really wierd when "G" Reply with quote

Perhaps because both of these functions are doing "marking" but if I am trying to use the segment tool on green marked polys Strange things are happening.

The "join point" does not connect (the two segments DO move together, but there still is a red line showing and they are not connected. I have to shift+g to deselect the two connecting points, then re-select with LMB and then press enter for it to work.

I'm using the green highlight to connect certain segments in a certain order that I want them to be in. And they are all similar looking pieces so i'm using the green highlighting in 3D view to select (shift+g) then use the segment tool in UV space to connect the ones I am highlighting from the geometry together.

Am I making any sense?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, well done, you found a bug!

I can confirm that the Fast Weld doesn't work if shells are G key selected after flattening. I'll fix this today hopefully, so watch this topic for a message when the new installer is ready.

Phil
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, ok, well, glad I could help. heh.

I already can see huge benefits from this additional tool. Awesome stuff!

Kind of funny really. I had only just picked back up on my game asset modeling just last week after a hiatus of sorts and i'm still trying to get my mind refreshed on the hotkeys and workflow!

I do have one other interesting thing i'm seeing but i'll be doing more testing today to see if it's "real" or just "pilot error" Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: