headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Something I'd love to see added

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Something I'd love to see added Reply with quote

In future versions .... a full screen button for the working window. It's such a pain to have to resize it manually to be full screen every time I use it.

Also, it would be nice to have a setting that remembers where you keep your models and maps. (Rather than needing to browse from the UVLayout directory, over to my data drive, and then down into my Rhino projects directory.)
moochie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spy, with my little eye, someone who hasn't looked through all Phil's videos Very Happy

There's a button to automatically maximise the working window (see attached screen-shot). And it's quicker to load models if you open windows explorer and drag your model onto the Layout icon on your desktop, rather than open Layout > click Load > navigate to your model. Better yet, you can create a shortcut on your desktop to your Rhino directory. Double click that and drag your model onto the Layout icon. HTH
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, now that's a sneaky place to put a full screen button. It's usually up by the close screen button.

I like to have a nice clean desktop, so no program icons or shortcut icons on it at all. No exceptions to the rule. All of my programs run off of a sidebar menu and sub menu system. So the drag and drop thingie doesn't work for me.

But you are right .... I have not watched any of Phil's videos. My bad.

OK, then my suggestion is that you move the full screen button to a more traditional location. Very Happy
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickymaveety wrote:
... my suggestion is that you move the full screen button to a more traditional location. :D

Trust me, I tried :-) The problem is that UVLayout is in fact 2 programs running in parallel - the GUI is one, and the 3D window is another - and I couldn't work out how to capture the normal Window maximize event and apply that to both windows. So for now anyway its going to have to be that odd button. Oh, and if you want UVLayout to always be maximized, click on the pin button to the left of the maximize one.

Regarding where UVLayout opens up, can you edit the properties of your sidebar menu entries? Look for a "Start In" entry, and set that to the folder where your files are.

Phil
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited the properties to reflect the directory where all my models are kept, but since the only way the program seems to bring up the UV Layout menu is to hit the test button, and that looks for a model in the UV Layout program directory, it appears that all subsequent loads look in the same directory.

Oh well .... rats. It was worth a try. In any event, the pin to full screen worked.
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute .... it seems to depend on which of the two programs I edit the properties for.

If I do the program that has just the cow's skull as the icon, then editing the properties doesn't work. However, if I do it for the one with the skull and the UV notation ... then yes, it works.

So, good ... takes care of that problem too.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: