headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Tiff output doesn't display the UV's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fizzy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Tiff output doesn't display the UV's Reply with quote

Congratulations on your continued development of UVlayout, it really is becoming a powerful tool. I do have a few requests/questions as I'm not sure if these are bugs or if I'm just doing something wrong.

1: If I load a previous model with UV's into UVlayout and then want to render a T-page, the tiff generator doesn't display the UV's. I have to go into the UV editor and move the groups slightly almost as if it needs that to register that they do exist. If I then go back to the render window they'll show up. Is this right?

2: The stack systems great but for one issue. Say I've stacked two groups on top of each other but then want to stack another two groups on top of each other (as in separate to the original two). I have to first try and turn off the purple stack points from the original groups otherwise UV layout will tell me that more then one stack point is selected. The problem is that to turn off the other two stack points that were needed when stacking the original two groups is impossible without moving one of the groups off the top of the one it was stacked on, thus making the whole point of stacking them in the first place pointless. I'm finding I'm just going in afterwards and roughly lining them back on top of each other by eye. So although the stack system is allowing me to change the shape of one group to match the shape of another similar group exactly, it's not allowing me to place them on top of each other exactly.
Sorry if that's a really long winded explanation but I hope you understand what I mean. Am I just being stupid or is this an issue that you could see being a problem?

Keep up the good work!

Peter
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of issues regarding stack system and render windo Reply with quote

Fizzy wrote:
1: If I load a previous model with UV's into UVlayout and then want to render a T-page, the tiff generator doesn't display the UV's.

I just tried it then and was able to load a previous model and render the tiff right away without any editing. But there is a bug! If you're in the "Ed" view when you do the render, the lines come from the unflattened polys (if any) and not the flattened ones. So maybe this is really whats happening to you? When you first load the mesh you happen to be in the Ed view, and after ediitng you're in the UV view, and so thats why it works then doesnt work?

Update: Hmmm, that Ed vs UV view bug might be something I've introduced in the last few days, so it may not be the cause of your problem. But I did find another bug while fixing that one, so it might be the real culprit. Anyway, both are fixed now, and you'll get those in the next release.

Quote:
The problem is that to turn off the other two stack points that were needed when stacking the original two groups is impossible without moving ...

Hey, one of us must by psychic, because I'm working on the stacking tool right now! More on that when I do the next release.

But to answer your question, use the "Off" button in the Stack panel to turn all stacking points off. You'll have to set the two new points again, but at least you dont have to move anything and break the perfect stacking.

Phil
Fizzy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks Phil that's great.

Pete B
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: