headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

stacking tool crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyeomans

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: stacking tool crash Reply with quote

hi,
i have 2 sides of an object that I want to stack in U. I have selected a point on each with S key and pressing the stack U button actually locks up UVLayout with an hourglass icon...it is thinking endlessly:)

iget this message from the CySlice Console after it eventually closes down the UV editor:

"uvlayout: realloc(538449344) failed. Ran out of free memory?"

I have over 40gb of free memory as well as 4gb RAM...my model is well under the poly count of your example creatures in your videos.
I am using the October 10, 2006 build.

any ideas?
thanks...
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the slow response on this one! For some reason the forum hadnt flagged this posting as new so I only just discovered it by accident.

Anyway, I had a look at the stacking code and there's only one spot in the code I can see that could produce your error ... its building a list of points from the pair of tagged boundaries, and its supposed to stop when it gets back to the start point. Its sounding like maybe theres something odd about the toplology of your boundary, because if it didnt find its way back to the start point, that list would just keep growing and growing until you ran out of RAM. I dont know this for sure, because I couldnt get it to go wrong here, but that's my best educated guess :-)

I'll fix what I think the problem is, and you'll get that in the v1.15.2 update I hope to make by the end of the week.

Phil
mikeyeomans

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Phil!Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: