headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Shell Boundaries Don't Match?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie9999

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Shell Boundaries Don't Match? Reply with quote

When trying to mirror and stack shells, I keep getting a message saying "shell boundaries don't match"-- even though the two shells in question are exactly the same corresponding pieces from the left/right sides of the model, and have exactly the same number of outside edges, inner edges, vertices, etc., etc. In a word, they're identical and I don't understand why I get this message. Is this a bug, or is there something else that could cause this message?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When stacking, its only the boundary that counts ... it doesnt matter whats happening inside each piece. That doesnt help you, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

What could be happening is that you have a S hotkey stack point on a third piece that you've forgotten about. Because now the S hotkey is also used for edge straightening, that could easily be happening. Try clicking the "Off" button in the Stack panel, because that'll turn all stack points off, then place you new stack points, then try the stacking. If that doesnt work, its beginning to sound like a bug.

Phil

Last edited by headus on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
blondie9999

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was it-- I had another stack point on another piece that I'd forgotten about. Duh.....
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: