headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Keep the good work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsmaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Keep the good work Reply with quote

Hi Phil, please keep your good work, your tool is amazing.
Is that possible to add new tutorials focusing on the latest version of headus?
Thanks for your wonderful job

Geraldo
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earlier UVLayout videos were organized by version (i.e. each video showed what was new at each release), but as more and more features were added, it because harder for new users to find info about a specific tool they wanted to use. That's why currently the videos are organized they way they are, into general function groups.

But you are right, some more tutorial type video would be good, showing how to use a number of tools in combination on one object, from beginning to end. I did start one for the hard surfaces Segment tool; I must finish that someday!

Phil
Jan19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that -- the good work thing. Smile

Also would like to view/read tutorials about UVLayout since I'm a newbie user.

I have found some good ones on YouTube.

Gibby Joe 3 Parter Entertaining and Informative Other UVL Tut Links On Sidebar

Gibby Joe's tut is pretty basic, but it's the one that got me up and running with the demo. Once I caught on, I was hooked.

Now looking for tuts on more complex features. Smile Which is why I'm here chattering...don't mind me. Very Happy

Edited: Link added. Found all site tuts...thanks!!! Very Happy
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though this is not directed toward the subject matter in the thread about videos, it is about "Keep up the good work"

Though I visit the forums here daily, I will admit I have not actually been modeling, or even using, my 3D stuff for quite some time (years in fact). The reasons for this are many, but not the least of which was just a very hard time getting my head around UV mapping. (no pun intended) Every time I would get to that point in some project or training video, I would crash and burn and give up in frustration.

Uvlayout has been nothing less than a lifesaver for thousands upon thousands of dollars spent on software, and subscriptions. I am happy to say I am now back flogging away in 3DSMax and now along with the simply spectacular plugin that r_knightly has given us. (that I never used till now) has only enhanced what is, quite simply, the best 3D software investment I have ever made (sans the app itself)

Bravo! Phil. And a very heartfelt THANK YOU from one (formerly) very struggling UV mapper. Mr. Green

Lee
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback :) Its great to hear that UVLayout is working out for you. Actually, I wrote UVLayout originally just for my own use because I also was fighting with the standard UV editing tools; like you, I wasn't doing 3D modeling all the time, and each time it came to the UV editing bit, my heart would sink!

If you want a laugh, have a look at the very first working prototype; there's a few videos on your uvlayout.com Support Extras page. Wow, that's nearly 6 years ago now ... how time flies!

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: