headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Duplicates Object when I try to send over (Maya Plug in)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragoCG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Duplicates Object when I try to send over (Maya Plug in) Reply with quote

Once I launch UV Layout and select my object I click on send. I then get this warning.

// Error: No object matches name: uvlayout_|coatGEO

It doesn't send the geometry, but it does duplicate the object and changes the naming convention to the new object while adding: "uvlayout_" in front of the object name. the original object name was "coatGEO" It did not have the "|" in my naming convention.

Have you seen this before? I can't send any of my geometry over to the app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running the latest version of UV Layout on Windows 7 on a 64 bit system.
DragoCG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read some of the other posts and verified that my obj export is on, but I am still having the issue. I renamed the obj to and entirely new name, and now it allows it to export to uvlayout, but the program itself isn't working like it used to. Once I cut my seams and flatten, it's getting all jumbled up. It will start off ok, but as it continues the uv's get all out of whack.

So, I went and just held down the "f" key till it got pretty close and then went to do the remainder by hand. But when I tried to weld two pieces of the pants together at a seam, it highlighted all the seams on both sides of the pants and would not allow for a weld. It basically tried to make all four seams connect instead of having the two seams connect into one. I'm wondering if I should try downloading the earlier version before this update because that one was working a bit more stable. Any thoughts?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you only have the problems when using the plugin? What happens if you load an exported OBJ into the stand-alone UVLayout?

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: