headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Awesome Tool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bouke285

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Awesome Tool Reply with quote

I am a student, yet working on building up my commercial software library so I can start working on some projects. I purchased the professional version of UV Layout I have to say, I can't wait to start putting this to work. I am still learning, but already the UV unwrap process in max is painstakingly tedious, especially in the beginning. This will be a great, great tool for either getting a clean base to make the process easier to finish in max, or even as a stand alone unwrapper. Keep up the good work!

I have tried multiple similar tools including the new Zbrush auto unwrap plug-in, this exceeds those tools by leaps and bounds. The amount of control being able to pull my mesh apart gives me is priceless. With the zbrush one click tool, sure it flattens things out, but a person would have no idea which piece was which, impossible to paint, realistically, the textures on.

In my opinion, this software needs to be more strongly promoted, it would also really help if you got someone in, or yourself to bring in a cleaner Gui, my only problem with the software.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your thoughts on UVLayout.

And yes, the GUI does need a bit of sexing up, but at this stage we're concentrating on the harder stuff (the underlying flattening technology) and accept that maybe the GUI does turn some people off of buying, but hope that the actual functionality brings as many others in. Eventually, once the hard bits are worked out, we'll definitely be looking at the GUI again.

Phil
Bouke285

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for personally getting back to me! I find it amazing you can produce such a groundbreaking, industry breaking piece of software and still have time to personally post in the forums.

When I was researching what piece of software to purchase to help my UV process, headus uvlayout was always the top of the list, and yet until I started researching I had never heard of it. I think if you make a small deal with a large CG website such as Cgsociety.org, you will double if not triple your sales. I just think this software is and will be amazing, the more support you can get for your efforts the better right?

headus wrote:
Thank you for your thoughts on UVLayout.

And yes, the GUI does need a bit of sexing up, but at this stage we're concentrating on the harder stuff (the underlying flattening technology) and accept that maybe the GUI does turn some people off of buying, but hope that the actual functionality brings as many others in. Eventually, once the hard bits are worked out, we'll definitely be looking at the GUI again.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: