headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

is headus going to be sold?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsmaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: is headus going to be sold? Reply with quote

Hi Phil, I´ve just come across with headus by watching a gnomon tutorial, I get amazed by this program, and I started to learn it and seems that only a person (Phil) seems to have developed it.
A big question came into my mind, how Alias or Autodesk wasn´t able to make a program like that? It is a big company, many workers and they have a lot of money.
I do not know but seems that brain is the part that is missing.
So, here goes 3 questions, if you can answer a simple guy like me I would be so glad.
1) Headus is getting popular, because it is fast, easy to use and cheap, very soon a company, such as Autodesk that is eating everything, will contact you to sell headus, are you intending to do so?

2) If so, please could you sell it to somebody that is competent enough to develop it even better?

3) If not, could you keep going updating this amazing program that makes us very happy that somebody like you invented it?

Thanks for this amazing program, that is going to be a reference to UV layout very soon.

Geraldo
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"sell headus, are you intending to do so"

No. We'd probably be open to licensing the technology if someone wanted to incorporate the functionality into their own software, but UVLayout running in plugin "mode" achieves much the same thing, so I cant see anyone bothering personally.

"that is going to be a reference to UV layout very soon"

Thank you for your kind words! I think there's still going to be a majority of users that just want a one click solution, but if UVLayout becomes the choice of experts, of course we'd be happy :-)

Phil
gsmaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil for your time, and I am glad that you personally will take care of this program, so we will know for sure that it will get better.
Let´s wait until headus get very popular than we will see the interest of some company.

Best regards
TwoSheds

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headus wrote:

I think there's still going to be a majority of users that just want a one click solution, but if UVLayout becomes the choice of experts, of course we'd be happy Smile

Phil

Are you saying it's NOT the choice of experts? I don't know anyone in CG who hasn't at least heard of UVLayout. I have a Digital Tutors human modeling DVD that was done with Maya, but he used UV Layout to do the initial unwrapping, and praised it up and down in the process..

Over the years I've tried every UV unwrapping program there is, I think, and to be honest, UV Layout is hands down, the best, no competition at all. I actually enjoy UV mapping now whereas before I just dreaded it.

I was under the impression that UVLayout is to UV mapping what Maya is to CG animation. At least I know *I* can't picture myself ever using any other UV mapping program again. I can do twice as much with UV Layout in half the time than any other program, and get better results too, plus enjoy it along the way. Smile
Jan19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if UVLayout becomes the choice of experts, of course we'd be happy Smile

You can be happily happy then. Very Happy The reason I got UVLayout was because I saw so many references to it in the documentation of well known (the best!)Poser/DAZ Studio modelers. The best hair-modelers, the elite clothing modelers...all have "UV maps generated by UVLayout" or something along those lines in their ReadMes.

I decided I wanted maps like that. Smile
WedgeBob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...it is best for headus to remain as independent as possible. It is popular in the 3D industry to be sure. Heard about these guys through the kind folks from 3D Buzz, thanks to their Maya ADP Class. It seems like this is an innovative tool, and certainly looks better than the built-in UV utilities in either Maya or 3ds Max (or even Carrara 8.1 Pro, which I use), according to what I've been watching in those videos. All in all, sounds like this is good information. Certainly wouldn't want these guys to sell out to the big corporations.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: