headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

uvlayout used in 3dbuzz ADP Class

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3djoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: uvlayout used in 3dbuzz ADP Class Reply with quote

3DBuzz is using uvlayout on his ADP (Advanced Digital Production) class. The use of this is makes uv mapping amazingly simple. I am glad I purchased this.

Thanks
Joe
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: uvlayout used in 3dbuzz ADP Class Reply with quote

3djoe wrote:
3DBuzz is using uvlayout on his ADP (Advanced Digital Production) class. The use of this is makes uv mapping amazingly simple. I am glad I purchased this.

Thanks
Joe

LOL, it was in the 3DBUZZ 3DSMax forum that I got lamblasted for "wasting money" on 3rd party apps to do somthing max can do, built in.

Duuhh. Of course it can..but there are way more steps to do and time involved to do it. Some cling to "the old ways" because they been doing it that way since max 3 or whatever. Thats fine.

Phil has said he wrote UVLayout because laying UV's were difficult and time consuming. There is nothing wrong with a faster way to get where you want to go, especially in todays enviornment. And the cost is miniscule compared to what we all shelled out for the app in the first place. It ENHANCES your workflow.

Sorry, but I kind of get rialed up when I think about narrow mindedness on this subject. LOL.
3djoe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: uvlayout used in 3dbuzz ADP Class Reply with quote

SLI_Fallen wrote:

There is nothing wrong with a faster way to get where you want to go, especially in todays enviornment. And the cost is miniscule compared to what we all shelled out for the app in the first place. It ENHANCES your workflow.

Sorry, but I kind of get rialed up when I think about narrow mindedness on this subject. LOL.

You are correct on getting things done faster. I am a technician by trade and I spend money on my tools if they will get the job done faster ,TIME IS MONEY and if i can get done and onto another job I make more GREEN(US Money Color). I never against a better way to get thing done.

~Joe
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I got lamblasted for "wasting money" on 3rd party apps"

Well you're safe from that here :-)

Anyway, no matter how much sense it make to use a 3rd party tool like UVLayout, there's always going to be the "early adopters" like yourselves, followed by the majority who like to wait and see how things develop before taking on something new.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: