headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

License/version Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: License/version Question Reply with quote

I have THE worst luck with computers these days. Perhaps I shouldn't buy hard drives from ebay Rolling Eyes Anyway, after getting UVL to work on the newly acquired HD that sh1t itself the other day I now have no UVL again Sad

So I was thinking, I don't really have a need for all the features of the Professional version anyway (which I purchased as pre-release) so would it be possible for me to down/sidegrade to the Hobbyist version? I know for sure that I'll have a new computer in the next week or so, but I'm not that keen on getting a dongle (they tend to get lost easily in a house with kids and cats) so thought that might be my best option. I've got mapping work coming up soon and I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to best deal with the whole electronic jinx thing I have going on LOL
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"... down/sidegrade to the Hobbyist version?"

Not a problem, as long as you realize that the Hobbyist version is missing some really handy things like the Symmetry Find tool. If you haven't already, grab the Demo installer from uvlayout.com/try and run it in "Hobbyist Trail" mode to see what you'll be getting.

Just let me know in email if/when you want to go ahead with the switch, and I'll make the changes to your support account.

Phil
Xena

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Phil Smile I didn't think to try the demo Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: