headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

3DSMax interface script V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, sounds like its the plugin and not UVLayout thats playing up. We'll just have to wait for the plugin contributor to respond, or maybe you can debug it yourself???

Phil
mokosan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: debug Reply with quote

I'm ok to help out but unsure what I could do to contribute as I dont do code!
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that familiar with the Max plugin, but the Maya one is a plain text MEL script, so anyone can mess with it if they want.

Phil
r_knightly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Phil says its more than likely a bug on my end. Lots of things broke when Autodesk changed their export/importer code in max 2009.

I'll take a look at the file and see what i can do. I'd check your obj importer options it sounds like they are messed up. that said the mesh you are seeing must be stand in mesh imported to extract the uv data from.

I will check the files anyway.
mokosan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: messed up mesh Reply with quote

Somewhere through the process of sending meshes back and forth from max to UVL something has gone very wrong.

Although the shells are relaxed, it appears segmented in the 3D view. Its also visible in Max.
The only way to fix this is to re UV the mesh.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/811pcllpyt.avi
MikeMS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I wrote the script that can help with copying texture coordinate back to the object in MAX.
I will be very glad if they will help with texture (object) management in between MAX and UVLayout.
Script is not work with UVLayout, instead it helps with known bug in MAX that makes copying process of texture coodinates from imported .obj file almost impossible (becouse of vertex order is messed up during .obj import/export operation).
How you can work with them: you simply export object/objects to .obj format, open and edit it in UV Layout, then when finished export/update .obj file, import it in MAX (with prefix) and then transfer texture coordinates from imorted objects to original ones.

See the link and demo video for more info:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/transfer-uv

I`m not tested it hard, but they must work. If somebody here try and test it, it will be very good if you leave comments or bugs about the script.

p.s.: sorry my english ))
r_knightly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeMS wrote:
Hi! I wrote the script that can help with copying texture coordinate back to the object in MAX.
I will be very glad if they will help with texture (object) management in between MAX and UVLayout.
Script is not work with UVLayout, instead it helps with known bug in MAX that makes copying process of texture coodinates from imported .obj file almost impossible (becouse of vertex order is messed up during .obj import/export operation).
How you can work with them: you simply export object/objects to .obj format, open and edit it in UV Layout, then when finished export/update .obj file, import it in MAX (with prefix) and then transfer texture coordinates from imorted objects to original ones.

See the link and demo video for more info:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/transfer-uv

I`m not tested it hard, but they must work. If somebody here try and test it, it will be very good if you leave comments or bugs about the script.

p.s.: sorry my english ))

Im intriqued, I havent looked at your script yet but how did you get around the way editable mesh and editable poly store NGons differently. This has been whats killing me. I can work with quads and tris fine but the structure of the model changes once NGons are imported. I think editable mesh i triangulating the NGONs at some low level where Editable poly does not do this. Interestingly Max cant seem to handle this transfer even with its own built in UV transfer tools. Very annoying
r_knightly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version available for testing. see first post
Warcad21

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I was just wishing that UVLayout could be integrated into max. Then I stumbled on this. Works great for me. Thanks a million!
Racak94

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m using 3ds max 2011 and when i pick my mesh, it just make a copy of it and that´s it. Does anyone else have this problem?
r_knightly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use it with 2011 myself with no problems. any more details would help.
stomps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: New UV_Pipe Unknown Handler exception.ms Reply with quote

I am getting Unknown Handler exception.ms and polyop.setMapSupport nNode 3 true is selected in the popup.

The workaround which i explained in a previous post was to add a 3rd uv coordinate. when I do this now all it does is try to start the uvlayout but just ends up coping the mesh on top of the original.

FYI I just got a new machine at work. 64 bit using windows 7. Before when I had a 32 bit using xp professional I was able to make the work around actually work. Now like I said all it does is copys the mesh.

I am currently using Max 9

From the listener window:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\headus UVLayout v2 Professional\uvlayout.exe"
-- Error occurred in UvLayoutSend(); filename: C:\Users\tommy.spampinato\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\9 - 32bit\enu\UI\usermacros\_UV Layout Tools _by hamLT_-rt_uvpipe.mcr; position: 6188
-- Frame:
-- filename: "C:\Users\TOMMY~1.SPA\AppData\Local\Temp\\Box01.obj"
-- uv_mod: Unwrap_UVW:Unwrap UVW
-- nNode: $Box01
-- called in pb_send.picked(); filename: C:\Users\tommy.spampinato\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\9 - 32bit\enu\UI\usermacros\_UV Layout Tools _by hamLT_-rt_uvpipe.mcr; position: 8483
-- Frame:
-- nNode: $Box01
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Unknown system exception <<

Thanks
Tommy
r_knightly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tommy could you try using the un modified version of the script and see if you are still getting this error
novice_CGguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Installation Problems Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I've seen this in other places in the forum, but I just thought I'd post in this thread to gather the information together.

I was having problems getting the plug-in to work on my new Windows 7 64-bit machine using 3ds Max 2011, but after some trial and error, here is how I fixed things:

1) You need to open 3ds Max 2011 64-bit as an Administrator - if you don't do this, the drag-and-drop part of the installation instructions doesn't work.

2) Restart 3ds Max or run the script as instructed, and then add the plug-in to the menu bar as normal.

*Note* Make sure your copy of UVLayout is registered - I forgot to do this after a fresh install and 3ds Max would not open the UVLayout. I know this step sounds really stupid, but after installing and reinstalling tons of software, it is easy to forget this part.

3) After installing UVLayout, you should have an icon on your desktop. Right click on this icon -> Properties and set compatibility to Vista (Service Pack 2). Vista and Service Pack 1 might work, but I have confirmed everything using Service Pack 2.

This should fix your problems if you are in the same situation as me.

I just wanted to give my thanks to r_knightly for making this plug-in and especially the headus development team. This program is absolutely incredible and an invaluable part of my modeling and texturing at this point.
stomps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: UN modified version of UV layout. Reply with quote

r_knightly,

Where can I find a copy of the un modified version of UV_pipe?

Curently I am using Max 9 on a widows 7 64 bit machine.

FYI; I am running UV layout from a .bat file to use a network license. The UV_pipe script is playing along.

Tommy

Last edited by stomps on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: