headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

2 quick question for a noob...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Positive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can't even play the air guitar correctly. This blows. Shocked

By the way, those videos were much improved. Thanks for that. I'm starting to get sucked in by this product. I just want to get away from unwrapping in Maya. In fact, in that book, one of the authors actuallys says this....."Maya's unwrapping tools suck". I wonder if he'll be reprimanded for that...at least on forums.
Rich-Art

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I felt the same when I unwrapped my first object in UVLayout..
It is so easy to use....

Peace,
Rich_Art. Wink
highlander_72

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Positive wrote:
I just want to get away from unwrapping in Maya. In fact, in that book, one of the authors actuallys says this....."Maya's unwrapping tools suck". I wonder if he'll be reprimanded for that...at least on forums.

lol I dont think he'll get reprimanded very much! It's the damn truth, everybody using Maya can attest to that. Dont get me wrong Maya is a great piece of software, but for uv's..... well, I dont like the in-app uv tools of any of the high-end packages for that matter. I hated every second of doing uv's in Maya and am damn glad I came across Phil's little gem of a program.

PS: moochie: A bit off-topic, but since this a more recent thread and probably of interest here as well. How are your perfectly distortion-free cut-up uv's on your female model with all those seams behaving in Mental Ray, Advanced Render or whatever your are using with displacement mapping and during animation rendering? I am building some new high-res models for photo-realistic animation right now and will get into laying out the uv's pretty soon and would very much appreciate the input.
moochie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highlander_72 wrote:
How are your perfectly distortion-free cut-up uv's on your female model with all those seams behaving in Mental Ray, Advanced Render or whatever your are using with displacement mapping and during animation rendering?

Dunno yet. That model was put on hold, because I was waiting for ZBrush3 to be released. I'm now getting up to speed with ZB3's new functionality and waiting for the first patch (exporting displacement maps doesn't work at the moment). I'm expecting some issues with seams, though. I'll let you know in due course.
moochie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Positive wrote:
I'm starting to get sucked in by this product.

We have him now! Muwahahaha! Twisted Evil
highlander_72

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moochie wrote:

Dunno yet. That model was put on hold, because I was waiting for ZBrush3 to be released. I'm now getting up to speed with ZB3's new functionality and waiting for the first patch (exporting displacement maps doesn't work at the moment). I'm expecting some issues with seams, though. I'll let you know in due course.

Yeah, I know, the omission of Zmapper is something none of us really enjoy. I'll be eagerly awaiting your results on the displacement of that particular mesh though. I guess for now I need to go back to Z2 if I want to get that kind of stuff done.

PS: So you are the same moochie from ZBC! I really enjoyed your recent tutorial movies on making alphas btw.
moochie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highlander_72 wrote:
So you are the same moochie from ZBC!

Guilty as charged. There are a few ZBrushers floating around. Lemo drops in from time to time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: