headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Is there a difference between the uvlayout tool and the pelt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamieli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Is there a difference between the uvlayout tool and the pelt Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a difference between the uvlayout tool and the pelt tool. They look similar, very similar except that the pelt tool is free.

Does the uvlayout tool uvs around the eyes really small like the pelt tool?

Does it have a memory leak like the pelt tool? I asked this question because the pelt tool killed my 4 year old computer about a year ago.

And is there a difference between the student version and professional version for the tool?

And how should a person proof that she is a student?

Please let me know.
Thanks.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a difference between the uvlayout tool and the Reply with quote

Just wondering if there is a difference between the uvlayout tool and the pelt tool.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the pelt tool you are talking about. All I can suggest is that you try UVLayout out yourself to compare the two.

... difference between the student version and professional version for the tool?
And how should a person proof that she is a student?

First off, the Student version will only be available when we release UVLayout.
The Student version wont have the Symmetry find tool, and will last only 12 months. Anyone will be able to buy the Student version if they want a lower cost, but limited, access to UVLayout.

Phil
Rich-Art

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UVLayout is THE pelt mapper to buy.
I have tried the most uv-unwrappers/pelt mapping. Within the most common 3D app.
But there is no solution that can come close to UVLyout.
It is really really the best there is.
Very easy to use and very fast too.
Ok you need to im/export between your 3D app. But as I use Cinema4D this is no problem at all. I use the great and free riptide plugin for this.

Peace,
Rich_Art. Wink
jamieli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Rich-Art,

Is it possible if you can post examples of the UVLayout and the uvs layed out by the PeltTool to compare using the same model? You know the pros and cons. No one ever tried before so I am curious, but I am not a technical person to fix my computer if something goes wrong again. I just don't want another plugin kill my computer again.

Thanks.
jamie
Rich-Art

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm very very busy at the moment. But If I have the time I will try to upload some examples.
But a image won't show the use of the app.. of course.
And I used all kinds of 3D app demo's to test and I don't have them anymore, or I can't use it anymore.
I'm a Cinema4D user and I can show you a uv-map from Cinema4D.
But as said before, You only can find out how things works if you try it yourself.
Have you tried the Beta version of UVLayout?
It is just a very great an easy to use app.

Peace,
Rich_Art. Wink
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible if you can post examples of the UVLayout and the uvs layed out by the PeltTool to compare using the same model?
Just looking at final UVs doesn't necessarily tell you how hard or easy it was to make them. Again I'd recommend you download the beta to try it out for yourself ... maybe for your particular application its not the best thing anyway. As far as its stability goes, UVLayout seems to be quite good these days; in earlier version it did crash every now and then, but even then I never heard back that it had killed anyones computer.

Phil
highlander_72

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the beta!
It doesnt get any better than this. I've tried the pelting plugin for Maya: its a pain! Compared to the dreary reality of laying out uv's in-app, Uvlayout actually is quite fun and I myself cant complain about stability issues so far. You have to try it yourself though, no way around it! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: