headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Regions have unmatched flipping - New Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlfurman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Regions have unmatched flipping - New Question Reply with quote

A new question about these Red (not dark red) Regions. I have seen in the videos how the W/M works and how the shells "snap" to each other in the marked edge.

I started over (great learning lesson these last few days!) and now another question.

What about the ""Regions have unmatched flipping" error?

I welded seams that split a boot mesh in two (on the sides, so boots are front/back). I want to cut a new seam so that there is only one seam (in the back). I'd like to have the two pieces back into one so I can re-flatten, but I get the above message trying to "M" the red rewelded seams on the side. Maybe I need to watch those videos agan...

Help again!
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When shells are flipped the UVs are inverted, and thats indicated by white lines instead of the usual black lines. If you go to the "3D" view and hit the "T" key a couple of time you'll get the texture feedback shading, and you'll see that some of your boot shells will have backwards lettering.

OK, so thats flipping; your problem is that one side of the boot is normal, but the other side is flipped, so it wont weld those together until you make them both the same. Use the left or right arrows keys to flip the white lined shells over, then try the Magnet and Weld.

Oh, and you have both sides of the shell tagged there ... you might want to untag one side (use Shift-W) before you do the weld, otherwise it'll close-up/fold the UVs over. Hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean when it happens :-)

Phil
moochie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help .. I found an old Zygote boot obj and recorded myself remapping it. 13 minutes, no sound, 22mb download. Don't worry when a pen icon appears about half-way through .. I was trying to unpin a vertex and forgot that 'P' is the hot key in the screen recorder for the 'Pen' tool. D'oh! Right click > Save Target As. http://www.pantsofpower.com/bootz.avi

You'll need the TSCC codec here: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: