headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

German keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hERd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To not start new topic Ill ask here. My problem is that iam using german keyboard with german layout and somehow "minus"-key doesnt work in uv layout so i cant make the size of the texture smaller? Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Sergey
moochie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which German version do you use? QWERTZ? It appears there are a few German versions .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#Germany_and_Austria_.28but_not_Switzerland.29

If you look at the US and UK keyboard layouts, you'll see the -/+ keys next to each other in the top row, to the left of the back space key. Try those keys. An alternative is to get a keyboard which has some programmable keys, which you can assign any function to (including macros). Another idea is to get a cheap US or UK layout keyboard with a USB connection, and hot-swap it for your German keyboard when you want to use layout .. though you may need to swap the language setting in XP (assuming you're using XP) .. which is where a macro button would come in handy.

Having written all that, I bet Phil knows a smarty-pants answer. Or maybe Lemo will happen along .. I bet he'll know.

Silly me .. of course the obvious answer is the one I would have used myself when faced with such a problem ... hit keys at random until machine crashes or you discover which ones make textures larger and smaller.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, hitting all keys to see what happens would have been my answer too :-)

You could also try running the "kbstate.exe" program that you'll find in the UVLayout install folder (ie "Program Files/headus UVLayout"). That will show you what keys that my applications are getting from your keyboard, and you should hit all keys until "-" shows up. You dont need to be running UVLayout when you're doing this.

Phil
hERd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt work at all Sad( I tried all keys - no results. I used this kbstate - indeed - I found my "-" and "+"/"=" key but I can only zoom in, not out.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm as stumped as you are about this one. A large number of our users are from non-english speaking countries, but this is the first time I've heard that anyone has had a problem with the hotkeys.

Phil
highlander_72

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallöchen,
(for the benefit of everybody else the following text is in English Wink )

I dont know if you have the issue resolved already, but have you tried setting your keyboard settings in Windows to US English and then hitting the corresponding key on the German keyboard? Theoretically that should do it. If you do it right, you will then also have a choice-button of either layouts on the right-hand side of your windows taskbar to switch between the layouts as needed.

Viel Erfolg und Grüße aus Berlin! Very Happy
Wolfsong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should solve it.

But being able to remap keys in the software would be a better option as it wouldn't require the user to switch keyboard setting between languages back and fort.

This is a common problem with non-english keyboard users. I don't have - and = up by the backspace either on the Swedish one. I have + and ´ for some reason. Just a heads up.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: