headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Be able to move several non-identical pieces at same time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gendri Cour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Be able to move several non-identical pieces at same time Reply with quote

hi

Return back, yellow blink flattened shape - it very good !!!!

We with impatience of it wait :

automatically packing of the ready form

Group/Ungroup shape for move, rotate, scale

automatically cut - seam material ID checkbox in windows "Load'
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: uddon wish list Reply with quote

Gendri Cour wrote:
automatically packing of the ready form

Yes, I've got that one on the list.

Quote:

You can sort of do this already with the lock tools; use the L hotkey to stretch a box around the shells/shapes you dont want to transform.

Quote:
automatically cut - seam

I was thinking that UVLayout could do a visibility analysis of each edge, and it would use that information to automatically select some initial seams. Is that what you meant?

Quote:
material ID checkbox in windows "Load'

Yes, on the list too.

Phil
Gendri Cour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: uddon wish list Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

You can sort of do this already with the lock tools; use the L hotkey to stretch a box around the shells/shapes you dont want to transform.

It not so conveniently as though would be desirable

I have made UV and I stack ready parts on a field of a texture

I have laid many pieces as it is pleasant to me - but for some piece, not enough place. We make group and we move all earlier laid together so that the place has sufficed the not sufficing piece. To move each ready piece one behind another, it is inconvenient in this case

Quote:

Quote:
automatically cut - seam material ID checkbox in windows "Load'

I was thinking that UVLayout could do a visibility analysis of each edge, and it would use that information to automatically select some initial seams. Is that what you meant?

I know English insufficiently and have badly explained that I wished to tell, and have insufficiently well understood your answer. I shall try to explain again.

I have ready model at which there are some materials (material ID). I import this model in UVLayout and I wish to see a separate material as a separate piece (аuto cut, green seam). Addition of such function for import it will be good

pc

That you tell, to return yellow blink flattened shape ???
Lewi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, have you tried the "autofit" checkbox to get a quick fit for your laid out square mapping ?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: uddon wish list Reply with quote

Gendri Cour wrote:
I have laid many pieces as it is pleasant to me - but for some piece, not enough place. We make group and we move all earlier laid together so that the place has sufficed the not sufficing piece. To move each ready piece one behind another, it is inconvenient in this case

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to do. Maybe a couple of screen shots would help explain it? If you move the mouse pointer into the 3D window and hit the PrintScreen or F8 keys, then the 3D window image is saved into a snap*.jpg file.

Quote:
I have ready model at which there are some materials (material ID). I import this model in UVLayout and I wish to see a separate material as a separate piece (аuto cut, green seam).

Got it! Yes, someone else had requested this too. When I work on the code to handle materials, this will be part of it.

Quote:

Hold down the space bar. Have a read of this posting though ...

http://www.headus.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=143

Some people are having problems getting it to work, but there appears to be a workaround.

Phil
Gendri Cour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: uddon wish list Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:

Hold down the space bar. Have a read of this posting though ...

http://www.headus.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=143

Some people are having problems getting it to work, but there appears to be a workaround.

Phil

no no, I speak absolutely about other...

Earlier was so http://www.dreamwoods.ru/Images_temp/UVLayout_v.1.12.swf

Now became so http://www.dreamwoods.ru/Images_temp/UVLayout_v.1.16.8.swf

I ask to make as was in UVLayuot v.1.12
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I see! You want the yellow flashing border back. The reason I turned it off was because it slowed things down on the heavier meshes. I'll see if I can put it back for at least the lighter meshes.

Phil
Gendri Cour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

headus wrote:
Ahhh, I see! You want the yellow flashing border back. The reason I turned it off was because it slowed things down on the heavier meshes. I'll see if I can put it back for at least the lighter meshes.

Phil

Excellently, we began to understand each other Cool

yellow flashing border is a question of ergonomics. The yellow blinking informs the user that the program works, and what action is carried out present time at first sight on the screen

Have gone further? Cool

Here video shows my work in 3D max http://www.dreamwoods.ru/Images_temp/clip0002a.avi

Pay attention - I allocate with the clamped key of the mouse and I move many pieces simultaneously...
This strongly does not suffice in UVLayout. The mode offered by you active/unactive is similar to mode freeze/unfreeze in 3D max. It again a question of ergonomics.
In your mode active/unactive, it is necessary to add with a mode of plural allocation (movement) by the clamped key of the mouse - then will work much more conveniently.
moochie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gendri Cour wrote:
..I move many pieces simultaneously. This strongly does not suffice in UVLayout.

Yes, I agree. Multiple instances of identical parts can be moved using the stacker tool, but it would be useful to be able to move several non-identical parts at the same time. Please.

Separate issue .. any chance of a brief 'heads up' to the regulars who haven't parted with their cash yet, a couple of weeks before you release the commercial version, please? I don't want to miss out on the pre-release special offer. btw, I've been a good boy and been singing your praises in a couple of modeling forums (I'm such a toady). Laughing
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems, "move multiple pieces at same time" has been added to the list!

Quote:
any chance of a brief 'heads up' to the regulars who haven't parted with their cash yet, a couple of weeks before you release the commercial version, please?

Don't panic ... I was going to give everyone 1month notice of the change.

Phil
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow flashing border is now back ... grab v1.16.9 if you want this.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: