headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Having problems with MMB commands

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Having problems with MMB commands Reply with quote

I have a mouse with a L and R button and a center wheel, which, I assume is my MMB. However, none of the MMB commands (such as the one that would allow me to move the shells away from each other) seem to work.

This means that I can never seem to come up with a workable map. My shells are always overlapping.

Another problem is that I can't see how to go about telling the program which shells I need to map. I have entered the options to have my map drawn at 1024x1024. but the only maps that are drawn are for those shells outside of the thick red lined square on the UV view work area.

This has led me to some really strange maps, none of which are useful.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding your MMB problems, try opening up the Windows control panel for the mouse, and see if there some options for the wheel button actions. These are usually mouse dependent ... there's no options for the mouse on my dell desktop PC, but I have see them in the past on microsoft mouse control panels. You want to turn off any special actions I think.

If you have no joy with that, click on the "About UVLayout" button at the top of the main window, then Preferences, and set Mouse Buttons to 2. This will turn the right mouse button into the MMB, so you wont have to use the wheel button at all.

As far as the map output goes, that does sound like a bug. All flattened/colored shells in UV space should be drawn into the maps created.

Phil
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried setting the program to 2 buttons earlier (I should have mentioned that, sorry), but it did not work for me.

I will try going into the mouse settings and see what is up there.

I'm on the trial period right now, and I really need to become well versed enough with the program to see if it will work for me. So, time is of the essence.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During this beta period, you can have as many 30day licenses as you want. When your current one is about to expire, apply for a new one at uvlayout.com/try.

Phil
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, OK. I will keep using the beta until such time as I can find out whether the program as a whole will work on my machine. I really do need something that allows me to disassemble the models outside of my modeling program.
UVDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you over here rickymaveety. I am trying to get a hand on this app myself, but have not even gotten very far with it. I need to find the beginner tutorial in the help file.
rickymaveety

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've been working on my mousie clothing project, I've been depending on UV Layout more and more.

I still use UV Mapper Pro a lot, especially since I figured out that I can "cut up" my models rather quickly by just doing an initial planar (or whatever) map of the outfit before I take the model into UV Layout.

It seems that UV Layout takes the edges of the map generated in UV Mapper and makes cuts out of them. It's actually a lot faster than cutting through the facets one by one.

But, man, when it comes to getting something nice and FLAT .... this program is the best. Bar none.

So, my workflow these days is UVMP (initial cuts), then UVL to flatten and arrange, then back into UVMP to assign materials and fine tune the arrangement of the layout.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: