headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

tag straight edge - axis aligned not working correctly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwolf

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: tag straight edge - axis aligned not working correctly Reply with quote

Hello, I am a staff modeler at Method Studios. We just upgraded to the newest linux version of UVlayout, and now I am unable to use the "tag straight edge - axis aligned". In the previous version, I could hit "i" to select the first edge, then again on the last edge, then in the middle holding "shift i" to select the edges in between. Now in the new version, I am totally unable to select one edge. Instead of one edge, the edge select goes way too far and I am unable to select the edges I want. It seems like the tool is way too sensitive. Is there any way to adjust things so I can just select one edge at a time. I have tried holding the i key down, and it wlll hold on one edge, but as soon as I letup on the "i" key, it selects the same huge amount of edge, and "shift I" wont clear any edges as it did in the previous version either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Wolf
Senior Modeler
Method Studios
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since v2.08.00, the I and K hotkeys duplicate the behavior of the C hotkey, including the "D" drag mode for drawing out edge loops. So if you just want a single edge selection, switch the edge tagging mode to either "0" (i.e. no extension) or probably better, "D" for drag mode.

In drag mode, tap "I" to select one edge, or hold "I" and move the mouse pointer to pull out an edge loop selection.

Phil
wjhamilton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice! I've been having this problem myself and I didn't know these options existed. Thanks so much, that really helps!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: