headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

move tool is extremely slow in Ed and UV view

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacha

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: move tool is extremely slow in Ed and UV view Reply with quote

I've installed demo version of UVLayout and it is very slow when using move tool to move objects in Ed view or in UV view. Also selecting polygons (G) is very slow too.
It happens with any kind of model. (I've tested few)
I've tried to change preferences for GUI OpenGL and few other options but nothing seems to work.
My specifications are:
Win7
Quadro M3000M
I would like to buy full license but I need to be sure that it works properly first.
Any suggestion?
Thank.
Jarka
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just uploaded a new Demo version which adds an automatic calibration routine for the OpenGL setting. This will run once the first time you run UVLayout, and it draws a model over and over for about 30 seconds to work out the best setting.

I know you said you tried all the options already, but I'd be curious to see what numbers it generates for you, especially if there's a significant difference between the front and back buffer draw rates.

If the front draw rates *are* much slower than the back, it would be worthwhile trying "Double Buffer Only" in the GUI settings. Actually, it would be worthwhile trying that anyway regardless of the calibration results :)

And finally, how many polys approximately are you loading? Between 100k and 200k polys is probably the limit ... more than that and redraws will begin to grind to a halt.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: