headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Red and Green Cut Lines ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSheep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Red and Green Cut Lines ? Reply with quote

Maybe this has been answered before. I'm unwrapping a cylinder, that I have changed, it still remains a cylinder. When I create the cut lines to spit them apart (enter) not all the split lines are green, there are some red, so when I split them (enter) it doesn't split, Why am I getting the red cut seams ?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you attach a picture? Use the F8 key to capture the UVLayout window into a JPG file that you can upload here.

Phil
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropping in to say I've seen this happen too... but I can never find a way to recreate it reliably even starting from, what I think is, the same point: I don't think I've ever had it happen as the first thing starting out, it's always after I've already done a fair bit of cutting.

It's one of those things that I intended to report when I could work out how to make it happen. If you see what I mean....

The work around I've found has been to save the uvl file out, reload UVLayout and then reload the uvl file.

Hope that helps.

Geoff
SuperSheep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeoffRiley wrote:
Just dropping in to say I've seen this happen too... but I can never find a way to recreate it reliably even starting from, what I think is, the same point: I don't think I've ever had it happen as the first thing starting out, it's always after I've already done a fair bit of cutting.

It's one of those things that I intended to report when I could work out how to make it happen. If you see what I mean....

The work around I've found has been to save the uvl file out, reload UVLayout and then reload the uvl file.

Hope that helps.

Geoff

I tried to recreate it again, and I couldn't. When I can recreate it, I will update the thread Smile
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it does sound like a bug, maybe bought on by unusual topology in the loaded file. Anyway, if it happens again, please do send a pic.

Phil
SuperSheep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been about two years and I have run into this problem, I don't know if it's been fixed ?

headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the problem is that you've marked that edge but it doesn't all cut, then it could be that there's a *very* short edge in your geometry that you haven't spotted and haven't run the mouse over. Try using the drag method to select edges if you aren't already (i.e. press and hold "C" then move the mouse pointer to drag out a selection).

Phil
SuperSheep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave this a shot before posting, it didn't solve. I found a work around using Maya UV tools and UV Layout !
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: