headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Copy Uvs, flip uvs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrayingMantis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Copy Uvs, flip uvs. Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't know if it currently possible but I'd like to know if when using the copy function with V or U you can set the translation value?
At the moment it seems to just move slightly with an arbitrary value.
I'd like to copy my Uvs in an other shell but in the exact same position of the copied one.
Like if you do a copy stack select the overlapped shell and use the move with an integer value.
That would be really usefull for texturing program like mari.

An other thing, when you use the U or V with the copy UVs, it flip the shell. Is it possible to choose to activate it or not?

About flipping uvs, I'd like to flip some uvs shell but based on the tile axis at the moment it flip the shell on itself.

Thanks
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Copy Uvs, flip uvs. Reply with quote

"when using the copy function with V or U you can set the translation value?"

No sorry, not currently. Unless you select the "Stack" option, it just arranges them in a line with an equal sized gap between the copied shells.

"I'd like to copy my Uvs in an other shell but in the exact same position of the copied one."

So are you saying there that you'd like the UVs copied, but that the target shells (the ones that get the new UVs) are left basically where they are already?

"An other thing, when you use the U or V with the copy UVs, it flip the shell."

Hmmm, the flip should only be happening if the one shell is the mirror of the other and stack is selected. That's whats happening here when I test it anyway ... no flipping with just U or V selected on the copy.

"About flipping uvs, I'd like to flip some uvs shell but based on the tile axis at the moment it flip the shell on itself."

Can you attach a picture of what you mean here?

Phil
PrayingMantis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'd like to copy my Uvs in an other shell but in the exact same position of the copied one."

Copy in U axis:

That's what I'd like to have, the shell are in the same position relativly to their tiles.
And having the option to choose to having it flipped (from the center of their respective tile) or not.

Copy in V axis:

Same for the V axis.

Basically it is just a copy stack plus a move in U or V with a value, here of 1.

About the flip, you are right it occurs only if it is a mirrored half, but I wanted to control that even in this case. Choose to flip it or not or maybe it must be said in the other way, choose to not flip it to be a perfect tracing of the source shell like it does with the stack option.

About the flipping into the tile here is what I meant, the red line represent the center axis of the tile, the 0.5 coordinate in U relative to the tile.

At the moment if you use the arrow key to flip the shell in a tile it does it arround the shell axis, I'd like to have the choice to flip it around the central axis. Like in the pictures above.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: