headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Seeing the Smoothing Groups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivaanos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Seeing the Smoothing Groups Reply with quote

Hello, is there a way how to see in the editor:

a) color coded smoothing groups (preview of more then one SG at same time)
or
b) shaded preview (smoothed polygons view without wireframe layout over the model)

The reason why I'm asking is that I would like to see and cut the model in places where smoothing groups (hard edges) are.

Thanks
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, its currently "no" to both questions.

In case you dont know already, you can select one or more smoothing groups from the "Groups" panel, and then detach those from the rest of the mesh for flattening, but there's no previewing of the actual smooth normals (i.e. you can visually see any hard edges).

Phil
ivaanos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, never mind, I can work with one SG at time quite comfortably. This Detach feature is detaching mesh/geometry or is it just detaching UVs and saved model is a one piece of mesh (like loaded one)? I can't try it right now, but I'm curious.

BTW I hope you have no plan in the future to change the graphic interface of UVLayout, I really love the visual design and retro fonts. It's very beautiful, I remember that Onyx Tree modeler have something similar, but yours is even more stylish and underground Smile. So please do not ever recreate it with some "cool modern round shitty GUI", thanks Smile
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This Detach feature is detaching mesh/geometry or is it just detaching UVs and saved model is a one piece of mesh"

The "Detach" button just separates the selected polys from the rest of the mesh. Its exactly the same result as you would get from manually marking polys with the "G" key then using "Enter".

"BTW I hope you have no plan in the future to change the graphic interface of UVLayout, I really love the visual design and retro fonts."

I dont often hear that :) Most people want a modern eye-candy style interface. If I do make any changes, I'll try and give you the options for "new" or "retro" style GUI.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: