headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Request: Resizing (red)tile with corner points

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardsurfacer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Request: Resizing (red)tile with corner points Reply with quote

Phil i forgot! I often need to resize the tile manually with anchor corner points (like in Photoshop) - so i can tweak the tile on every corner. This is important for me when I manually optimize my space after automatic packing-

The "+" function is really not satisfying at this point! ;(

(And don't forget about the Gizmo for transforming shells an don't forget about an optimized loop cut function like i the video link i posted in the 4/5/6 thread)
hehe Wink

Best Regards! Vito

(Edit: A Hotkey for "New Box" also needed)
(Edit: Need a Move lock modifier for moving shells only in U or V direction - like "Shift" with move tool in Photoshop)
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Request: Resizing (red)tile with corner points Reply with quote

Sorry for the slow reply, I was in project deadline hell there for a while!

" I often need to resize the tile manually with anchor corner points (like in Photoshop) - so i can tweak the tile on every corner."

What about scaling/moving all the shells instead? Use the left mouse button to select everything, then you can move, rotate and scale everything as a group inside the fixed square.

"(And don't forget about the Gizmo for transforming shells an don't forget about an optimized loop cut function"

OK, I'll try not to :) I'm working on user configurable colors at the moment though, so need to finish that off before doing anything else.

"(Edit: A Hotkey for "New Box" also needed)"

Have a look at the programmable F1 to F6 keys under the Edit Settings tab. If you use "New Box" a lot, just program "F1" to do it too. I personally have "F1" set to the Optimize "Run For" button.

"(Edit: Need a Move lock modifier for moving shells only in U or V direction "

OK, that's an easy one to add ... I can probably get it in to the next release along with the color settings. The grid snap tool lets you do something that's almost there (i.e. you can optionally turn on just U or V grid lines) but the shells centers get snapped on to the line first. I'll probably add a toggle to turn the pre-snap on/off so shells can be moved around the grid without that initial centering.

Phil
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

"(Edit: Need a Move lock modifier for moving shells only in U or V direction "

Check that latest release (v2.08.03) and there's a new shell snapping option under the Snap/Stack tool ... its the blank button at the end of the "U" and "V" rows. So if you just want to move a shell in the V direction, turn on just the V snapping, maybe set the grids to 4, and then you'll be able to move your shell vertically without it shifting in the U direction.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: