headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Double S Technique not working that well for me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSheep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Double S Technique not working that well for me Reply with quote

I know, I've had alot of question the last few months Smile

I watched the video UV Layout Edge Straightening video where the double s technique was used, that is not working for me so well. I used the a key so I can adjust the other edge points with the CTRL key, in the video there was a 'double s' technique, as to align a row of outside edges and make them straight.

I want to lock the outside edges and straighten the inside edges so everything is even with both the inside and outside edges. I want this same technique to be applied to both islands you see in the image to which I will then align them.

[/img]
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way I think would be to weld them both together, then use the 'R' hotkey. That makes the shell perfectly rectangular. You might then flatten it with 'F' so it even things out a bit more (while staying rectangular), and then if you need to have them as two separate shells, cut along the original join line and detach. You'll end up with 2 perfectly rectangular shells with the UV vertexes lined up exactly along the edge.

Phil
SuperSheep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headus wrote:
The easiest way I think would be to weld them both together, then use the 'R' hotkey. That makes the shell perfectly rectangular. You might then flatten it with 'F' so it even things out a bit more (while staying rectangular), and then if you need to have them as two separate shells, cut along the original join line and detach. You'll end up with 2 perfectly rectangular shells with the UV vertexes lined up exactly along the edge.

Phil

Thanks, the interior I can't get straight, I can still texture it as it is Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: