headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

C4D UV Layout - Unofficial Plugin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: C4D UV Layout - Unofficial Plugin Reply with quote

This is a python plugin that allows you to send polygons back and forth from Cinema 4D to UV Layout . It tries to mimic how the UV Layout Maya plugin works.
Currently, the plugin was only tested on Windows

I'm not a hard user of Cinema 4D nor a programer, i'm just a 3D generalist, but some friends asked me to develop this plugin, so I did, and I decided to share it here. All the code it's on bitbucket, so feel free to do a PR, or a fork to improve it. I'll try to mantain it the best I can.

How to setup?
Download the latest version from the Downloads section on bitbucket (I've attached on the post)

Then place the c4d_uvlayout folder inside "MAXON\CINEMA 4D R18\plugins"

Finally open Cinema 4D, if everything went right you should see "C4D UV Layout" in the plugin tab.

Usage:

How to start up:
Run Cinema 4D, go to the plugin tab and select C4D UV Layout. Next, click on the Run button to launch UVLayout and check the Load Options that you want.

Sending objects to UVLayout:
Select one or more objects on Cinema 4D, then click on the Send button, the objects should load on UVLayout after a second or two. All objects sent to UVLayout must be polygons.

Sending objects back to Cinema 4D:
Just click on UVLayout's Send button, the green one. Cinema 4D will create a new UVW Tag for the objects sent previously.

Best way to exit:
When you're done opeing the UVs, click on the Close button. This will close UVLayout and also the Thread inside Cinema 4D.

Known issues:
You can't change the polygon name in Cinema 4D if you already sent it to UV Layout, otherwise the plugin won't be able to find it and do the exchange.

c4d_uvlayout_v1.0.rar
 Description:
Cinema 4D UV Layout Plugin

Download
 Filename:  c4d_uvlayout_v1.0.rar
 Filesize:  21.57 KB
 Downloaded:  1101 Time(s)

headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your work!

Phil
wskui

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: c4d r19 please Reply with quote

Hi, this plugin can't work in c4d r19, please develop it if possible, thanks.
timoty05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Bug in C4d R21 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, thanks for sharing the plugins, its very very amazing, but d'ont work on C4d R 21
Cafi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bug in C4d R21 Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I took a look at this and tried to make it work for later versions. I've now made a version 1.1 that I've tested with C4D S24. It's available here for free, or for any price you like if you appreciate the effort Smile

I only tested with S24. Please let me know if you have any other issues and I'll try to take a look!

https://cafi.gumroad.com/l/c4d2uvlayout
Cafi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bug in C4d R21 Reply with quote

The link should be visible as soon as I'm approved for links at least.
timoty05

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Bug in R20 Reply with quote

Hi
thanks again for sharing and your effort, we really appreciate it, however it doesn't work yet on the R20 and R21 versions,

to be clearer, I installed the plugins 1.1 in the plugins directory, and C4d doesn't recognize it, when you launch C4d it doesn't show in the plugins menu. Sad

Annotation 2021-08-04 195631.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.95 KB
 Viewed:  14811 Time(s)

Annotation 2021-08-04 195631.png

Cafi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bug in R20 Reply with quote

timoty05 wrote:
Hi
thanks again for sharing and your effort, we really appreciate it, however it doesn't work yet on the R20 and R21 versions,

to be clearer, I installed the plugins 1.1 in the plugins directory, and C4d doesn't recognize it, when you launch C4d it doesn't show in the plugins menu. Sad

The folder you should put there should be called c4d_uvlayout. Did you perhaps put the zipped folder in the plugins folder, forgetting to extract it first?

I only tested for S24 and R25. It works for those versions at least.
timoty05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:55 am    Post subject: Does'nt work on C4d R24 Reply with quote

Hello,
I acquired C4d R24 and the plugins still doesn't work Confused

it appears in the plugins menu but when you click, nothing happens

Annotation 2022-07-22 115450.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.43 KB
 Viewed:  9338 Time(s)

Annotation 2022-07-22 115450.png

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: