headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Where has my UV's gone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarabrae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Where has my UV's gone? Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Working on a model from softimage. Exported as .obj and have been working and saving, working and saving...all fine so far.

Open up the file saved from UVLayout and all my previous uv work has gone. Press [1] to look at my shells and UVLayout wont let me because it says there are no faces in UV space. Spent an age on this and hoping I am missing something?

Cheers
scarabrae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Saved object as .obj and was initially loading in and saying "New" UV's.

When I load in as "Edit" UV's it works, but all my other mesh pieces that I have not yet worked on have bee dropped into UVSpace and I'm have a problem un-dropping [Shift + D] back into Edit mode.

Any ideas about how to get un-drop to work? I've marquee selected but it says it's "un dropping" but just hangs.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize its too late now, but in the future I recommend saving in UVLayout's own UVL format while you're working, and only use OBJ when you're done are ready to load back in your other applications. That way everything is restored to how you had it when saved, plus its quicker (you just have to click on of the Tmp 1 to 5 buttons).

Regarding the undrop, how many shells do you need to process? If its not too many, try undropping them individually (i.e. use Shift-D with the pointer over the shell).

And which version of UVLayout are you using? If its the latest one, then it sounds like you've found a bug I need to fix. Otherwise, you've found an old bug that may have been fixed already.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: