headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Working with demo: X11, keys not working, unable to move

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crispalomino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Working with demo: X11, keys not working, unable to move Reply with quote

I am eager to learn UV Layout; very impressed.

I am on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, 4 gb ram.

When I start it up, I go to load. I can never reach my file without hand inputting the path...it's just the way the PC set up of the file browser works that is difficult for me; I can live with that.

Once I load, I can set up symmetry, but touching an edge to start a cut line results in nothing becoming red as in the videos, however, if I press C it does, indeed, give me a yellow cut line and I can finish it and then use fn-Enter to do the separation. Where I am running into trouble is I can't seem to move the pieces. LMB, RMB....nothing. How do you select a piece and move it?

This also continues in the UV edit when I drop the pieces to flatten them. I can use shift F with expected results, but cannot move the pieces by hand. I also can't seem to rotate or scale pieces so that I can continue with my editing process.

What is creating these problems for me and is there any way to correct this?

Thank you,
Cris
crispalomino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so using Google, I found a copy of the manual online which, in turn, told me about the view manual button in the program (there should really be a link on the same page where the videos are suggested as well as a quick explanation as to where to find it in the program (granted I haven't watched all the videos, could be in there, but would have saved me a lot of headache).

I had to remap my mouse so that the middle mouse button could be used a MMB instead of going to Exposé and that allowed me to move as needed. Still going through documentation, so only thing left is figuring out why left clicking an edge does not select it so I can cut.

Thanks,
Cris
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ok, so using Google, I found a copy of the manual online"

There was also instructions on the Demo download page about how to access the user Guide.

"a quick explanation as to where to find it in the program"

Not sure what you mean there .... if you're watching the video, you should be able to see where the mouse pointer is when it clicks a button in the GUI, and the ticker tape thing at the top of the screen shows what keys and mouse buttons are being pressed.

"figuring out why left clicking an edge does not select it so I can cut."

As you mentioned in the above post, you need to use the 'C' key to mark the edges first, then use 'Enter' to detach the pieces.

Phil
crispalomino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Phil...thanks for getting back to me on here and in email. If the location of the online manual was mentioned in the video, it was mea culpa. I just missed where it talked about it. All it takes is missing one little thing to mess up, heh...thanks.

Cris
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you are correct, there's isn't a reference to the User Guide in any of the Videos that I can remember. However, there is a reference to it on the Demo download page, but I guess if you're in a hurry to get started, you might skipped reading that bit.

Phil
crispalomino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that would have been it, I was in a hurry to start learning. Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: