headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Zoom Extents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teyon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Zoom Extents Reply with quote

Hey there. Loving UVLayout, couldn't get by easily without it these days. I was working in the Editor view and I'm using pan and rotate and pan and rotate to try and get to where I need to be to finish up. Suddenly, it occurred to me that there isn't like a zoom all or fit all in view or rotate around object. It's never really bothered me before but today it kind of did. Any chance in the future that we'll get an update to the navigation/tumbling or is there already a way to zoom to whatever is/are the active mesh(s) while in Edit mode and I just don't know it?

Thanks,
Teyon.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Home (or dot) and End (or comma) hotkeys are probably what you're looking for. If the mouse pointer is over a piece of geometry, then the camera is focused on either that poly (Home) or shell (End). If the mouse pointer is over clear space, then the camera focuses on all visible geometry. Also if you have a wheel on your mouse, scrolling that with the mouse pointer over some geometry will zoom in *and* focus at the same time.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: