headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Weird Issue with Optimizing Brushes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fam0314

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Weird Issue with Optimizing Brushes Reply with quote

I have a PC with Windows 7 and an nVidia GTX580 and for some reason when I got to move the window (resize it) or when I use the Optimization brushes (Key 4, 5 or 45 together) the screen jumps or is really really slow to respond to my movement (lags) and then it also turns the maps etc to just plain white so I can no longer see the red, green, and blue, coloring to optimize specific areas by hand.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated Smile
fam0314

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK after some playing around it seems to be something with the split view and UVL and my graphics card or atleast it seems as such. If I go out of split view then I dont get the lag or the flickering but I do still get where it all goes to white on me regardless of that so that isnt because of the split view, but not sure what is causing that.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4/5 keys temporarily switch the coloring to show the painted weights, so maybe its got stuck in the mode? Try selecting "4/5" in the Display Color setting, then go back to "Error".

Regarding the flickering in split pane mode ... does it only happen when you resize the window? A workaround for that would be to resize the window, then "pin" it by clicking the small grey button to the left of the "About UVLayout" button at the top of the GUI. That saves the window size, then save the model out and reload it; it should come back in at that size.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: