headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

suggestion / request - restrict selection of straight edges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bencowellthomas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: suggestion / request - restrict selection of straight edges Reply with quote

Hi there,

Is there any chance of getting the workflow available to both cutting and welding added to the straightening tools ?. ie identify a start and endpoint for an edge loop and select inbetween.

I find myself spending a lot of time untagging edges when using this tool.

It'd be extremely handy if the edge selection was restricted to the uv points that have been identified before hand with the k key. The shift+k would still be fine for a 'flood' style selection.

small but extremely useful if it's possible.

cheers
ben
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried putting the edge selection into "D" for "drag" mode? This works for I and K and also C etc.

Press and hold the I key on the first edge, then drag the mouse pointer towards the other end, and all edges between will be selected as you move the pointer. You can move the pointer around (while still holding the I key) to select the possible alternate paths when its not an obvious edge loop.

Phil
bencowellthomas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil, I hadn't used drag mode .. I'll try this out next week and see if it's quicker. I would still vote for the ability to indicate a start and an end to a straight edge as with cut .. it works really nicely and is a really intuitive way to prevent edge selections 'flooding' out to unwanted edges.

thanks
ben
Deimos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to second Ben's request. I ran into the same issues that prompted him to start this thread, and will test out Drag mode (didn't know that existed), but having the ability to select endpoints would be amazing. Kind of like using A and S to pin endpoints and then double tapping S to pin everything inbetween.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: