headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Maya 2015 Maya Plugin:UVLayout Window flickers & disappe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ric

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Maya 2015 Maya Plugin:UVLayout Window flickers & disappe Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Has anyone reported compatibility issues between the Maya Plugin for UVLayout and the Octane Maya Plugin? I don't know, but there might be. Similar to jrtonnesen who posted Jan 28, 2013, I've set Maya 2015 so I can open uvlayout by clicking on run.

Uvlayout opens but when I select mesh and click Send nothing gets sent. The script editor returns // Selected objects sent to UVLayout. For several months it has worked fine, but now I note the UVLayout display window quickly flickers and disappears. I've recently installed the Octane plugin and wonder if that's causing the problem.

I set the Int $debug variable to 1 in uvlayout_open.mel, but saw nothing reported that looked unusual:

uvlayout_open;
// save D:/Mercury/At the Edge/ADP Movie/uvlayout/uvl2216.obj
// load D:/Mercury/At the Edge/ADP Movie/uvlayout/uvl2216.out
// home C:/Program Files (x86)/headus UVLayout v2 Professional
// list ...
// uvlayout.exe
// start "C:/Program Files (x86)/headus UVLayout v2 Professional/uvlayout.exe" -plugin -maya uvl2216.obj
// Selected objects sent to UVLayout

Thinking it might be driver related, I updated and reinstalled the graphics driver, but no change. I'm reluctant to uninstall the Octane plugin because I use it several times a day and only use UVLayout once a month. Currently, I'm simply using UVLayout Standalone.

Any thoughts on how I might solve the problem?
Thanks much! Smile
Ric
Ric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Problem Fixed Reply with quote

Phil sent me an e-mail that pointed to this topic:

Topic: Maya Plugin v3
Feb 12, 2015:
We've had a couple of reports of the "Send" from Maya to UVLayout not working, and tracked it down to a change in Maya's OBJ export not automatically adding the ".obj" extension to the exported mesh.

The file below fixes this problem; search for and replace your existing 'uvlayout_open.mel' script.

That fixed it!
Thanks! Smile
Ric
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: