headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "uvlayout_run&q

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "uvlayout_run&q Reply with quote

Hello,

I ve been a long time user of uvlayout and I simply love this software! I am having an issue right now thought at a new studio am working, I installed uvlayout on a linux machine, then I also did the "install maya plugin" inside the "maya-2015-x64"
folder. I tried to to it as well inside the prefs folder but, although the plugin and shelve are installed. ( meaning that I can run uvlayout alone from without maya, and that I can see the shelf buttons) I cannot run it inside maya and it is giving the error message I put below.

Does someone have an idea, I really need uvlayout for a current task!

thanks for your time.

-Manuel
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know why it wouldn't be working, but here's some workarounds ...

The uvlayout_run() function is defined in a file called uvlayout_open.mel, so find that (it'll be in the prefs folder) and you can source it manually using the script editor. That will define the function and get you up and running, but it gets forgotten of course next time you run maya.

For a long term solution find where other MEL scripts are kept and copy uvlayout_open.mel into there as well. Maybe try putting it into ~/maya/prefs? You may need to quit and restart Maya for it to find the file after you've made the copies.

And I just found this in the maya docs ... you can define an environment variable to tell it where to look for scripts.

Quote:
"MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH

Colon-separated search path for MEL scripts. If an unresolved MEL procedure is called, then this path will be searched for a script that implements it. Also, if a MEL file is sourced without giving the full path, then this path will be searched.

In addition, for each module file found by Maya on startup, the scripts subdirectory of the module's root directory is added to MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH. See the description of the MAYA_MODULE_PATH variable above and Distributing Multi-File Modules in the Maya Developer Help for more information.
Attention: If you choose to define both a custom script path and a custom shelf path (that is, you set both MAYA_SHELF_PATH and MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH), the MAYA_SHELF_PATH must be listed first (before MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH) in Maya.env."

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: