headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

4/5/6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardsurfacer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: 4/5/6 Reply with quote

(from germany)
Hey Phil!
First off: Please don't stop developing UVL... After heavily testing some UV Tools (for example the "mighty" 3D Coat UV tools or Zb's UV master) your tool is far superior in its possibilities over them. I hope there will be hotkey editing or a new GUI "soon" and the Redo option Very Happy ...and and and (quicktips over buttons, better loop cuts... )
...And damn - i would even make GUI Graphics for you for free if you would just ask me ^^

Okay now back to topic. There isn't a tutorial for the 4/5/6 hotkeys - or did i overseen something? The manual FOR THIS POINT isn't informative enough (in my opinion) - but the overall manual is nice don't worry

and why there is no word about Shift-B or Space-F in the manual...

3D Coat is fun to use and many artists say it is the "best" UV tool at the moment (beside UVmaster for organic things)
These people also say, that UVL2 is not up to date just because of the Interface.
But they just don't know the power of UVL2! So please - focus a bit more on this masterpiece - this is the real ultimate UVmaster-tool.

And i am not pleased to read here something like "this tool do his job perfect there is no need for further updates" ...not the right attitude! Because it is worth to continue developing the best of best.

[ sorry everytime for spelling ]
Kind regards,
Vito
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 4/5/6 Reply with quote

"First off: Please don't stop developing UVL... "

Don't worry, I wont! Things have slowed in the last few months because I've been busy on other projects (no, not my sun tan :), but UVLayout is always the one I go back to whenever possible.

"I hope there will be hotkey editing or a new GUI "soon" and the Redo option :D ..."

Probably not soon, but all these are things I know I need to add. The number 1 priority at the moment is color preferences (eg user selectable colors for edges and background etc) because someone recently pointed out that the default color codings are bad for color blind people.

"quicktips over buttons"

That's why I still like to use button labels and not icons ... built in tool tip :) What sort of additional information do you think is needed? By the way, I did add tooltips recently to the F1 to F6 configurable buttons (under the Edit Settings panel) so you can quickly see what each one has been mapped to.

"better loop cuts... "

Show me some examples of what you want that it currently isn't doing so I know how to make it better.

"There isn't a tutorial for the 4/5/6 hotkeys - "

Videos for some tools are hidden in the old beta movies, but the 4/5/6 keys are in the UVLayout-Scaling-Brushes video under the Advanced section.

"... why there is no word about Shift-B or Space-F in the manual... "

All the hotkeys are listed in the "Hotkeys" chapter :) But yes, maybe 3 words for such an important hotkey might be a bit light, but that's why its important to watch the tutorial videos as well.

"These people also say, that UVL2 is not up to date just because of the Interface."

I agree it does look dated, but my focus has been on the underlying tools. When things like the redo and multiple UV sets/layers are done, I think I can then start to look at the GUI more.

"And i am not pleased to read here something like "this tool do his job perfect there is no need for further updates" ..."

That was a comment from a happy existing user I think. I know there's plenty of things that need to be added, so dont worry, there will be plenty of future updates.

Phil
Rich-Art

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"And i am not pleased to read here something like "this tool do his job perfect there is no need for further updates" ..."

That was a comment from a happy existing user I think. I know there's plenty of things that need to be added, so dont worry, there will be plenty of future updates.

Hahaha, that was me indeed. Of course it is cool to see new updates and new things.
As Phil mentioned, I'm a happy user and I can work very well with UVL as it is now.

I said, "It is a bit quiet on updates indeed but UVL does his job so not much need for an update"

This is something else than you wrote. "there is no need for further updates"

Software always needs development.. And knowing Phil for all those years by now, I know there will be plenty of cool stuff still coming.

Peace,
Rich_Art. Wink
hardsurfacer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, okay my fault, here is my excuse and i take it back Wink Wink

Phil here is a link which demonstrates the awesome loop cut from 3D Coat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjiIL81sjxA

Edit: The Gizmo tool to move, rotate, scale the shells is also very awesome!! But i don't know how complex it would be to program this feature into UVL2

As i said before, 3D Coat have these sweet features, but UVL2 is more powerful and now only need a polish and integrate the best features from all other UV-Tools Wink

By the way - is there a version planned for students? (The pro version is very expensive for students)

For me one thing is very important: i want to use own shortcuts and not complex one's like ] } \ | -> How the hell you came to this shortcut Ideas Phil? Very Happy

Short Request: you dont even have to integrate it into the UI - an *.ini file would do the same!!

regards,
Vito
Rich-Art

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardsurfacer wrote:
hehe, okay my fault, here is my excuse and i take it back Wink Wink

Haha no problems. Wink

Peace,
Rich_Art. Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: