headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

2.08 Editing and UV view total lockup.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: 2.08 Editing and UV view total lockup. Reply with quote

I have no idea why this has started happening but every time I start making cuts the viewport totally locks up and only refreshes once every say 5 seconds.

The UV view has also become screwy, it too is totally unresponsive and only works if I middle mouse click a position to pan to then hit left mouse button, it is so strange.

I have never had these problems before, Im at a loss as too what the hell is going on!

Please help Sad

K
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Has it been working in the past, or are you a new user - since this is your first post I cannot tell.

Could you let us know a little more about the system that you are running on: operating system, amount of memory, graphics card type and things like that can all help to narrow down what the problem may be.

If it's previously been working, then what has changed? New version, new hardware, exchanged hardware - different monitor even?

I'm afraid you haven't given me much to go on; but a stab in the dark would be insufficient memory or a bad graphics driver.

Please give as much detail as possible.

Kind regards,
Geoff
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly Geoff, we need more info about which version and OS you're using.

The slow down thing could be related to a bug I've found and fixed for the Linux builds though; its worth a try for the Win and Mac versions. Under the "GUI" preferences there a choice between "Mixed", "Double" and "Int" for OpenGL. Try Double first, and reload your mesh to see if it makes any difference, then try Int.

Phil
ken0y

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, my specs:

Win7 64
HD 5770
8GB Ram
Wacom Intuos 3

No hardware upgrades, only thing I changed is my AV but I have had that switched off to test whether it was interfering. None of my other 3D apps are acting up (3DS Max, Marmoset, Zbrush).

It seems very strange, weirdly the problem seems to arise when I make a particular cut on a particular part of the model (this location can vary), I cant explain it any better than that. The programme will be acting as normal and I will be making cuts and welding etc then just lock up, If I then manage to conitue cutting past that point then it returns to normal again.

I am sure it cannot be a problem with my geometry as I have checked and double checked.

PS, I cannot see that GUI option you talk of, I only see 4 check boxes in the Preferences>GUI.

thanks, K
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GUI options are found as in the attached pic.

If these are not present at all, please let us know what the version number is that you are using. (That's just about the 'Check for Updates' button: in my picture it is v2.08.01 - Professional.)

• 1 - click on 'About UVLayout'
  • 2 - click on 'Preferences'
  • 3 - click on 'GUI'
  • 4 - There are the OpenGL options.

As Phil said, try switching to Double - then reload and see if it makes a difference.

Hope that helps. This kind of bug is very difficult to track down unfortunately.

Kind regards,
Geoff
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OpenGL options there that Geoff has nicely highlighted may only be in the beta releases. But if you garb the latest Demo version (from uvlayout.com/try) that definitely has the new OpenGL setting, and then you'll be able to quickly tell if that's making any difference or not.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: