headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

How to weld back in edit mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsmaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: How to weld back in edit mode Reply with quote

Sorry to ask this, but I looked everywhere in the forum but I could not find the answer, so it goes.

Sometimes when I cut a geometry, say a arm for example, then I decided I did not want to cut there, so I drop back the peace and when in edit mode I try to conect that part of the arm with the body, it won´t weld.
I have already done the weld in the UV to join parts and that is ok, but that is not what I want, I want take that peace back and weld it back to the body in the edit mode, so I can start again in another part. I´ve tried to use W and weld it but it won´t work after press enter.

I do not want to use undo because some parts I have done is ok, so, if a use it I lost the correct ones.

So, anybody could please help

Thanks

Geraldo
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The undrop works in two stages; the first moves that piece from UV space back into the Ed space, but then you need to undrop it a second time (with shift-D again) to re-attached it to the other undropped pieces.

Often the second undrop wont actually attach it to the other pieces, but that's because the other pieces are detached too, so you need to undrop those as well to bring everything back together.

If you type Shift-D with the mouse pointer aimed at a blank space, you'll then be able to draw a box around multiple shells, and all will be undropped/re-attached in one go.

Some of this is shown in "UVLayout-Undropping-Shells" under the "Basic" section of the videos at uvlayout.com

Phil
gsmaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Phil, I´ve looked there but I think I was kind of despearate to find a solution that I missed that video.
You really don´t have a clue how much you helped me, because in a lack of a solution I had to start everything over, just because sometimes I took some bad decision to cut some peaces and it was becoming very annoying to start everything again.
Thanks very much
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: