headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Flatten Bug - OSX 10.6.8 - UV Layout 2.07.01 Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Flatten Bug - OSX 10.6.8 - UV Layout 2.07.01 Pro Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

I just updated to the latest version of UV Layout. I am having some issues when flattening meshes in UV display.

I used to hit shift>f to expand the mesh then spacebar to flatten.
But this does not always work anymore.
After shift>f the spacebar does nothing. I have to hit f to flatten it.
And this only works sometimes. It usually just places pins on all the external vertices on the mesh and does not flatten anything.

On some parts shift>f does nothing. I have to hit f to flatten.

Not sure if the keyboard shortcuts were changed since the last, 2.06 version i was using, but this is not functioning properly.

Any pointers for what might be happening?

Aloha,

c
crumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps: here is a picture of what it is usually doing to the mesh when i hit the spacebar after pressing shift>f
crumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pss: after trying the part in the picture again after undropping it and redropping it; i hit shift>f and it instantly expaned and flattened it on its own without me pressing anything.

and when i tried again it put pins on it again.
crumpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the r hot key is not working in edit view to select some very basic cube shapes.
it used to select the center portion of the cube with green leaving the top and bottom faces unselected so you could hit enter and have it cut the mesh.
but now it does not select anything when r is pressed.

aloha,

c
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Flatten Bug - OSX 10.6.8 - UV Layout 2.07.01 Pro Reply with quote

"Any pointers for what might be happening?"

The pinning was a temporary "feature" that has since been removed. Are you using the beta release on the uvlayout.com Support Extras page? Its the iuvlayout-pro-2.07.02a.exe file, and might include the fix for the pinning. If its not in there, it'll definitely be in any future releases.

As far as the other Shift-F problems go, I think I've worked out whats wrong. In the latest releases, if you use Shift-F on a shell, UVLayout will flatten in the oval shape until it decided that nothing more is changing, then it'll automatically release the boundary for the further flattening. On a really simple shell on a really fast computer, this releasing can be in a fraction of a second. On earlier versions, you had to tap space to get it to release, no matter how simple the shell.

The bug is that if you happen to have the Shift key down still when it releases the boundary, it'll stop at that point. So the work around, until I fix the bug, is to type Shift-F but let go of the keys as quick as you can, before UVLayout gets to release the oval shape.

Phil
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"also the r hot key is not working in edit view"

Open up the Edit panel, click on Settings, and check that "R Key" is set to "Rect" (for the rectangle functions) and not "Relax".

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: