headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

flipped uv faces in XSI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maiz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: flipped uv faces in XSI Reply with quote

Hi,

UV layout has been worked great, but there are some cases I run into this issue, where after copying uv's from imported object to original object, fliippes (and detaches) all the faces horizontally like this (upper one is imported objects correct uv and bottom one is what happens after pasteing uv's to original object)

When you have no envelopes, then it's ok to replace the object, but otherwise it's kind of dead end.

Is there something that could be done, maybe?

Tnx,
Maido[/img]
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software are you doing the copying in, because if its not UVLayout, I don't know if I can be of much help.

Phil
maiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry, I took the GUI self-explanatory, it's Softimage 2012 sp2. Yes I was afraid of that this quiestion might be out of uvLayout reach, but also hoped maybe it has occured to anyone else. I mean uvLayout generally works great, this is very rare condition but I haven't figured that out yet why and when it happens...but I'll keep my eyes open...
maiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out it happens, when you use symmetrize polygon task in modeling process, something happens with points ID or something...Imported obj is totally ok, this obj export freezes something on the way, but paste it back to original makes the symmetrized polygons flip individually...

It is probably more XSI forum topic, I agree.

Tnx
symbiosis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: I have the very same exact problem!! Reply with quote

It s happening to me to , i suspect it s the symmetry, export/import obj.... or something, i get the exact same result , but it s random , sometimes it does happen, sometimes doesnt... quite annoying , been looking for an answer for quite a while , still havent found the answer, have you ? i mean i can t generate new uvs everytime i want to update/change my model... but ya all polys are flipped after a copy paste from an object to the other.

im on xsi 2011

cheers!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: