headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Fedora 14 libXm.so.3 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombigman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Fedora 14 libXm.so.3 problem Reply with quote

Hi Phil
-
its been about 5 years since I last checked in here!
seems like things are good, since then Ive started my own little company and we have been successfully using our 2 licenses to good effect since then on windows with no problems at all. I cant really think of many more ideas for features these days, I think you nailed it.
-
the problem is now, Ive just switched to linux and Im having a few little problems
Ive checked these forums but dont seem to be able to fix it.
here is what I have done so far..

//this assumes the tar file is here
/mnt/media/appz/graphics/3D/UVlayout/linux/uvlayout-pro/
//add lines to the this file...gedit ~/.login
setenv HEADUS_HOME /usr/local/uvlayout-pro
set path = ( $HEADUS_HOME/bin $path )
//add lines to the this file...gedit ~/.bashrc
export HEADUS_HOME=/usr/local/uvlayout-pro
export PATH=$HEADUS_HOME/bin:$PATH
//Open up a new shell window so that the new variable and path are used, and create the install directory ...
mkdir -p $HEADUS_HOME
cd /mnt/media/appz/graphics/3D/UVlayout/linux/uvlayout-pro/
tar xvfoz uvlayout-pro-2.04.01-rh9.tgz --directory=$HEADUS_HOME/..
move these to the /usr/local/uvlayout-pro/lib folder
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HEADUS_HOME/lib

Im getting the error message

cysliceP: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when I try and run the command

/usr/local/uvlayout-pro/bin/uvlayout

or if I try

sh /usr/local/uvlayout-pro/bin/uvlayout

I get a

/usr/local/uvlayout-pro/bin/uvlayout: /usr/local/uvlayout-pro/bin/uvlayout: cannot execute binary file

-
I hope its something easy to fix
Im thinking if we get this working nicely, we will convert our licenses to floating once everyone here is more linux savvy
-
cheers
Tom
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fedora 14 libXm.so.3 problem Reply with quote

Hello Tom,

> I cant really think of many more ideas

UV layers/sets is probably the biggest missing thing, so that's next on my hit list.

> Im having a few little problems

The "rh9" release that you've grabbed is built on a really old Linux distribution for backwards compatibility, so you should have better luck with the "fc6" one.

Actually, maybe skip that and grab the "f10" release from the uvlayout.com Support Extras page because its much closer to Fedora 14 than any of the others. Its a 64bit build too, which is the most likely reason behind the "cannot execute binary file" error. The "rh9" and "fc6" releases are 32bit builds, and if you're missing some of the 32bit shared libraries on a 64bit system, linux will generate that really descriptive error message :)

The reason why the "f10" build isn't on the normal linux download page is because it doesn't currently support the USB dongles. I'm guessing that's what you have though, so I'll set you up with some eval floating licenses.

bye for now,

Phil
tombigman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil
-
thanks for your help, I dont have permission for the extras unfortunetly, any chance I could have temp access? or you could mail me the file?

Access to the Extras page has been disabled because your support period has expired.
For more information, or to renew your support subscription, click on Details under the Support menu to the left.

cheers
Tom
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fedora 14 libXm.so.3 problem Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

I just got a nice new shiny Linux system and so thought I'd give the Linux version a go.... so I took the plunge and renewed my license so I could get the newer versions and thought I might as well get the beta:

headus wrote:
The reason why the "f10" build isn't on the normal linux download page is because it doesn't currently support the USB dongles.

Dagnabit! [grin]

I wish I'd read this about three hours ago... I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my dongle and was just coming to see if there was any helpful advice anywhere. Rolling Eyes

I'd just got the latest driver (from eSafe) and installed that to see if it helped before coming here... it didn't, and I really hope it hasn't tried to 'upgrade' the dongle or anything bad like that. Shocked

I'll go and grab the version from the released page instead. Neutral
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: