headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perchpole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: So long and thanks for all the fish! Reply with quote

Hello. Is anyone there?

I feel really disheartened by the lack of any activity on this site for ages.

This forum/project is withering on the the vine, people. Please do something about it.

:0)

AJ
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here!

And please believe me that this project isn't withering. Maybe the updates aren't coming out as thick and fast as they did in the first couple of years, but I still have a big long list of things to do and I'm able to work on UVLayout most weeks.

The fact that the forum is quieter maybe means that everyone is busily working away and are generally happy, or they're complaining else where :-)

Phil
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headus wrote:
I'm here!

The fact that the forum is quieter maybe means that everyone is busily working away and are generally happy, or they're complaining else where Smile

Phil

EXACTLY! ..(erm, to the "busily working" comment.)

Wink
Perchpole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headus wrote:
I'm here!
The fact that the forum is quieter maybe means that everyone is busily working away and are generally happy, or they're complaining else where Smile

Phil

Oh, I accept that. I'm not complaining. It just seems a shame there isn't much happening for people to talk about.

UVLayout is one of my favourite tools and I'm eager to see the next stage in its development. I'm sure other fans feel the same.

AJ

PS. I've been waiting to renew my subscription since Christmas!
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next big update is multiple view panes, so you can see the UVs flat and wrapped onto the object at the same time. Its working now, and I'm in the final stages of testing. Hopefully that'll be ready for upload in the next couple of weeks.

Phil
Perchpole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headus wrote:
Next big update is multiple view panes, so you can see the UVs flat and wrapped onto the object at the same time. Its working now, and I'm in the final stages of testing. Hopefully that'll be ready for upload in the next couple of weeks.

Phil

There you go. That was easy!

Thanks,

AJ
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a preview pic ...
Perchpole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Looks great. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Thanks for the heads-up.

AJ
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is now available for Windows users from your uvlayout.com Support Extras page.

Be careful though ... its very new and not extensively tested, so if you're on a deadline of similar, maybe its best to avoid it :) Anyway, if you want to check it out, clicking on Display -> Split Pane will divide the selected pane into two, and then you can use the 1/2/3 hotkeys to change the view mode for each pane. Select panes by clicking on the blue title bar. Clicking the pin button (the one to the left of the About UVLayout button at the top of the GUI) will save the current panes layout and that's restored each time you load a new file. You can resize and move the panes about if you want with click'n'drags of the edges or corners.

Phil
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabbing it now. Thanks Phil!

No deadlines for me, I dont even work in the industry, this is just a hobby. I'm a "hardware repair guy" for a living. (Phil had mentioned in another thread about liking being a programmer) You can keep your software. There are a couple of (very big) computers that when they break, I can still bang on them with a hammer! Very Happy

Sorry for straying a bit O.T. though.
RFXHarp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, always busy, but <<testimonial start>> the pleasure of using Headus UV Layout makes my day more productive in a busy, deadline oriented environment. Thanks Phil and company, Headus UV Layout is a real production gem! (thumbs up, big smile, shiny teeth glint) <<testimonial end>>

I've used the multi pane solution with the update, and so far it hasn't crashed even after splitting it 6 times, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend working that way. Smile I also appreciate the load and save path saving that you implemented, no more digging everytime I restart to get to my geometry. The only thing that would be even more cool about the multi pane, is if the 3D textured view (3) would update as you are editing in uv edit view (1) in realtime, instead of being a refresh after an action is completed... in other words, you can watch the uvs relaxing in real time on the actual geometry... I'm mesmerized by the flattening sometimes, but I honestly think that it would actually be useful to see the textures updating on model in realtime. Not sure if that's even possible, I've seen it done in other apps, but I know code is pretty different in the way it's implemented. Thanks for the update!!

Cheers,
RFXHarp
GeoffRiley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Phil... loving it!
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"3D textured view ... update as you are editing in uv edit view"

It does already for the hand tweaking of UVs (i.e. Ctrl or Shift MMB), I just thought that doing it live during the optimize was going to be too much of a performance hit. You are correct though ... it could look very cool :-) I'll make it an option in the preferences.

bye for now,

Phil
SLI_Fallen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headus wrote:
"3D textured view ... update as you are editing in uv edit view"

It does already for the hand tweaking of UVs (i.e. Ctrl or Shift MMB), I just thought that doing it live during the optimize was going to be too much of a performance hit. You are correct though ... it could look very cool Smile I'll make it an option in the preferences.

bye for now,

Phil

So..those uf us whose lights dim when we turn on the PC should have no problems. Wink
fam0314

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new version has cut my mapping time in half. v2.06.3 is the bomb. I'm currently downloading the split pane update. That should cut it down even more. Thank you Phil for the wonderful program. Deadline are very stiff here, so every minute counts. The only thing I would love to see is the ability to assign material/groups and some kind of feature that allows me to only select one edge to cut instead of it automatically selecting 10. If I want to do this now, I just cut close to where I want it and then in UV space make the cuts exact. If these are the only issues I have than I'm doing great. I only get a fatal error on a very rare occasion now, so what ever you fixed, great job and looking forward to other updates.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: