headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Some Control in Automatic Relax

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccarthy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Some Control in Automatic Relax Reply with quote

Problem: Automatic relaxing the uv's of models with bits sticking out such as hands dont relax straight enough or would take a very long time to compute. For example my hands often have curved fingers which can clearly be straightened. See Image.

Idea: A directional tool in the automatic relax. If the fingers bend/curve to the side, I could click onto tip of the finger and drag to the area i want that tip to go to, the relax tool then uses this direction to adjust the relax so the finger tip moves there and straightens.

Im sure this could be very helpful in many ways. But I have no idea if its plausable to code into it.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some sort of direction influence is a good idea.

In the meantime though, there's nothing stopping you from jumping in and helping the flattening out a bit. What I would do is 'G' key paint the bent finger, then place the mouse pointer towards the base, then use Space and the left mouse button to rotate the finger around. You can control the blend area by setting the brush radius first (with - and =). There's more on this in the UVLayout-Marked-Transforms video.

So if you rotate those fingers around then run the optimize some more you'll get to your desired shape quite quickly.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: