headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Enhancement Request: 3D Connexion support in 3D views

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd3D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Enhancement Request: 3D Connexion support in 3D views Reply with quote

I've been using the 3DConnexion space mouse for 2 or 3 years now. I'm so addicted to it that I find my self reaching for it to try and see behind what behind the camera in movies LOL

Seriously it's the easiest way for a user to navigate in 3D space. I'd love to see it in UVL. It could even be used to pan and zoom the 2D layout view. That would be a great time saver.

In apps that support it all navigation is done with the 3DConnexion. It saves a lot of clicking and with my mouse clicker suffering from arthritis the space mouse saves a lot of pain too.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their web page isn't loading, so I cant see at this point whats involved in adding support. Anyway, I'll check again later!

In the meantime though, did you know that the wheel button will zoom, and by default it pans at the same time? Aim the mouse pointer at the piece of mesh you want to look at and roll the wheel to zoom in and focus on that location at the same time. It saves some clicks.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: