headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Idea that would stop the frustration I was just having...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Idea that would stop the frustration I was just having... Reply with quote

(And I have it more often than just now)

Some sort of tool in Ed view that will find "small" connections, and provide an option to highlight them, focus on them, or just split them.

Here, I'll describe the relevant conundrum. That will help more:

In editing a high res mesh with a lot of little bits "tucked in" and so on, there comes often a time when you think you've marked all the cute to split off a piece and... nope. "Split Complete" is what you get... and it can get really tough to find where those bits are, and sometimes they aren't really reachable, which results in dropping something that's not ready for dropping just so you can bloat it, interrupt before flattening, and find the annoying little bit to split... and then possibly even undrop again if there's more to do. So yeah, there's a workaround but it's a tedious one.

Well, what I was thinking is that there must be some way to find places where a cluster is made up of two or more groups connected by only a few edges... and then mark those edges or even split them automatically to break off the section for dropping.

Make sense?

Basically, think of it like Panama. An isthmus detector or whatever. Something that can find tiny bits otherwise in the waay of two parts being split apart, and then show you or just break them.
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Idea that would stop the frustration I was just having.. Reply with quote

"Make sense?"

Perfect sense!

I've taken a note of the request and will think about the best way to handle it sometime soon I hope.

Phil
twocust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so call it the 'canal' tool? Very Happy
r_knightly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or the 'Yoko' Tool
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: