headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

HELP maya doesn't like my obj files comming out ot UV Layout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craigvfx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: HELP maya doesn't like my obj files comming out ot UV Layout Reply with quote

I'm rendering in Mentalray and as soon as I export my obj into UV layout and then back to Maya I get this error??? and I can't render anymore? The display goes crazy also? and I can only use wireframe? Not shaded? HELP!!! Project is due

Error code from Maya after import:
// Error: Object not found: renderCacheScrollList //

Not using the plugin only stand alone

I love UV Layout but if I can't use it with Maya it is no good to me

Running Maya 2008
Windows XP on a Mac Quad intel 2.6, nvidia geforce 7300 GT, system has 7gigs of ram - windows only sees 3 Smile

Craig
craigvfx@hotmail.com
Craigvfx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: I think I figured it out? Reply with quote

But please let me know if I need to set some more options?

In the import obj I had to turn off: File Type Specific options and it is working better - I can render now but the display issue still worries me a bit

Craig
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I can render now but the display issue still worries me a bit "

And it would me too! I've never heard of this happening before, but thats not much help to you.

The first thing I'd do is export an OBJ out of Maya, then load it right back in again. That would tell you if its something to do with Maya's OBJ export/import only and not a UVLayout bug.

Next try using the Update button in UVLayout instead of the Save. It copies exactly the format of the OBJ file exported out of Maya, and only changes the UV coords.

And finally, if none of that helps, have a look at the plugin; it can have its own problems sometimes, but might just fix yours!

Phil
Craigvfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: New issue Reply with quote

Now when I import the obj I get this issue??? and the obj won't come in??? - help obi-wan

pv_performAction "C:/Documents and Settings/Craig/My Documents/maya/projects/FHP_Animated-CharacterMaya/data/HeadusUV/PoloShirt_Out-UV.obj" "OBJ";
file -import -type "OBJ" -gr -ra true -namespace "PoloShirt_Out-UV" -options "mo=0" -pr -loadReferenceDepth "all" "C:/Documents and Settings/Craig/My Documents/maya/projects/FHP_Animated-CharacterMaya/data/HeadusUV/PoloShirt_Out-UV.obj";
// Warning: The namespace name 'PoloShirt_Out_UV' contains illegal characters. Truncating to 'PoloShirt_Out_UV'. //
// Result: C:/Documents and Settings/Craig/My Documents/maya/projects/FHP_Animated-CharacterMaya/data/HeadusUV/PoloShirt_Out-UV.obj //
// Result: 1 //
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it doesn't like the "-" in the filename. I'd try changing that to "_".

Did you have any luck with the other things I suggested above?

Phil
Craigvfx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

yeah I just started over and it was fine then next time? files must have gotten corrupt?

Name: PoloShirt_Out-UV.obj no "" in there not sure what was going on - i tried a bunch of different names, because from the error that is what I thought too - didn't work.

Thanks Phil for your quick responses

Craig
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

" it was fine then next time"

Great! It could have been a truncated file maybe, which might happen if any of your disk partitions are full. Other than that I cant think of anything ... I'd only worry about it if it happens again.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: