headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Split/Drop Bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigErn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Split/Drop Bug Reply with quote

Hey Phil, I think I might have found something which could be a bug, but also could be classed as user error Smile

I guess its not normal to press Shift+d on something you are cutting but this is what I kept doing because I was rushing. Also it happened because I was doing a lot of Shift+s to split objects.

Just a quick explaination.

I had a large scene ( for real time game purposes ) with loads of different objects. As I was going around hi-lighting and clicking Shift+s I also accidentally pressed Shift+d on the object I was wanting to cut. This removed the hi-light edge and it says Undrop (top right). As I select the edge again to split it, it just says "Detach piece first" So I have to cut the object up using Enter and then combine it later in the UV window.

ie. the split function just stops if you accidentally do a Shift+d.

Maybe its a bug, maybe its just that I`m not doing things right. Confused Embarassed

Thanks,
Paul
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Shift-D is the undrop ... when applied to a shell already in the Ed space, it moves and welds it back into its original position ... basically an undetach.

Ooops, and you are correct ... there's a bug with the Undo ... if you accidentally Shift-D instead of Shift-S, then undo that, its not restoring the tagged split edges! I'll add this to the jobs list.

In the meantime, try using Enter instead; since v2.01.03, the Enter hotkey splits seams too.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: