headus 3D tools headus 3D tools / 3D scans
Support Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
headus 3D scans

Dongle licensed UVLayout startup problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdemelle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Dongle licensed UVLayout startup problems Reply with quote

I've recently moved to a new computer, plugged in my dongle, installed the latest version of UVLayout, downloaded and run the dongle drivers, typed in my license key and gotten the green 'permanent' feedback in the Tools window.

Nevertheless, for some reason UVLayout won't start. When it tries, I see an icon pop up momentarily in the system tray and then disappear (I believe it looks like it's license locked, but the tools window suggests that's not the issue). uvlayout, cyslice and cmd processes run each time I try to start (a new one each time adding up to many processes!), but nothing running appears in my alt+tab options.

Another artist on my network installed recently and is running fine. For a time, instead of typing just his license number into the keys.txt file he had all our licenses including my own in there. We thought that might be the issue, but cleaning out his keys file didn't fix the problem.

Are we missing something obvious? Any thoughts?
headus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I'd try is to reboot that PC; it'll kill all the zombie processes that might be stopping fresh ones from running properly.

Next I'd uninstall and reinstall UVLayout; a file might have gotten corrupted somehow during the install process.

If neither of those help, create an empty file called C:/Temp/htlg.txt, then try running UVLayout. Some execution trace information should then be dumped into that file that you can then email me.

Phil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: